on 20 May 2012
I love my plump feather pillows, but they don't love me...

They do now that I've put these covers on. Great product, no more disagreements with my feathered friends.

One bit of advice, do wash the covers before first use. They are rather stiff when you get them and smell slightly of chemicals. Just one wash leaves them much softer, though you do notice that the pillow has a slightly firmer cover on than just cotton. This does not bother me, but I'm sure they will soften more with further washing.
on 14 January 2013
When I first saw the pillow cases I was not impressed as they made the pillow appear hard and they smelt of chemicals. Since I have washed them they are much better and softer although the pillow is not as soft as before. They are a good product but they were not quite what I was expecting. Hopefully I will continue to get a better nights sleep now my nose isn't getting blocked up so much, as they do appear to have helped. I recommend buying one pillow case before you rush in and buy too many, so you can judge for yourself what you feel about the actual fabric whatever it is, they are made of. I am only hoping they will continue to wash up well. They are probably a wonderful product but I have nothing to compare them with, so there may be better on the market. I was phrased by the product itself as it isn't actual material but I guess it has to be like that to stop the dustmites. Anyway, not a bad product.
After 4 nights sleep I am adding to this review as I have got used to the pllow being slightly harder and I am breathing so much better at night. I now believe that this pillow case is wonderful even though at first site it smelt chemically and looked like reinforced paper. It did wash up well and I am now an ardent fan of this product. For the first time in years I have managed a good nights sleep.
on 12 June 2012
Very happy with my purchase. The zipper (which was out main worry) looks solid enough to last for at least a good couple of years. No synthetic smell at all. In fact, there's nothing to dislike what so ever!
on 28 February 2012
I bought the pillowcase and it gets even softer,when being washed.
I just LOVE the product.It always feels fresh and clean having the extra cover against mites.Very hygienic and super fast service and delivery!!!
I`ll recommend it to my friends,who have allergies as well.No chemicals!
on 28 February 2012
The pillowcase is a great product.I don`t have any stuffy nose any more in the morning.It helps with my allergies!!!
I can highly recommend it
on 5 November 2012
This is a decent product. It does not rustle and is comfortable to sleep on. More to the point, t appears to work against the dust mite problem.
on 25 April 2016
When it first arrived I was surprised how the material felt, it appeared hard and had a distinct aroma and a very firm zip. I have washed the item several times now and this has improved the texture although your pillow will still feel firmer whilst under this cover. This is a small sacrifice to make as you will notice the difference to your allergy and breathing straight away. You can judge for yourself whether the firmness outways the benefit of being able to breath more easily and like me you do adjust to it very quickly. I guess it has to be like that to stop the dust mites and it is comforting to know that the little bedtime guests are being held at bay. An additional bonus is that your pillow stays cleaner longer as the cover protects it very well. I would recommend this item.
on 5 October 2015
This is made of an interesting, non-woven fabric so dense it would almost certainly benefit anybody with allergies or general hygiene concerns. It's good quality, well made and durable with (in my opinion) a delightful "peach-skin" texture, not at all hot or rustly (they do recommend washing it before use). Aside from its protective qualities, it's firmed up and rejuvenated my ageing feather pillow, made it better than new. I'd be happy to have this against my skin, although in the end I put a pillow case over it. Purely for the luxuriousness and the fact that my pillow no longer makes me cough, I immediately ordered a square pillow encasement and the mattress one.

So much for allergies. I couldn't find any objective information regarding its efficacy as a bed bug barrier. No doubt that the fabric is dense enough.The zip does have a substantial baffle at the end to protect case it were to come undone a few notches, although the one I was sent did not have a locking zipper as advertised. But when the seams, which are overlocked but single seamed, are spread apart even gently, there are holes visible where the stitches puncture the dense fabric. I'm not an expert, and I will keep looking for objective test results on this - but my gut feeling is that although this might keep nasties OUT, it would be possible for bed bug nymphs to escape through these tiny holes, so I'm dubious of claims of "encasement".

So I have mixed feelings - as this was bought as a bed bug encasement. If this were not my main concern, I would be absolutely delighted with the quality, feel and luxury. But, sad to say, we do have a case of bed bugs brought in by my mum's agency carers, and I have to evaluate on the basis of that concern. I intend to email the company and ask for their views on this.

One other point regarding bed bugs - this took a relatively long time to dry in a hot dryer (hotter than recommended on the instructions). It didn't seem to suffer from the heat, but in bed bug management the ability to wash and dry quickly and is fairly key (... but, yes, I know you're not supposed to remove encasements in this situation anyway).
on 5 January 2014
Have just put it on, and it seems very good quality and soft. It doesn't crackle when on. So despite it being abit expensive, it seems good quality for my daughter who has a severe dust mite allergy. I will order more.
on 1 September 2014
Not sure if I had bed bugs or was just getting bitten to hell my mosquitoes. I went crazy (and perhaps a bit overboard...) and bought this along with the ELF bed cover AS WELL AS a mosquito repellant plugin and bed bug spray.

I didn't get bit once more after that. So not sure what it was but something worked!

Feels firm and just gave it a wash before using. Great quality and if bugs weren't the cause then this will be a great prevention anyway.