SHL BRAND ISOPROPANOL IPA Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% Pure (1 Litre) 1000 ml
|Price:||£7.29 FREE delivery.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
IPA 100% | 500mL | Lab/Pharmaceutical Grade | Isopropyl Alcohol/Isopropanol (99%)
SHL BRAND ISOPROPANOL IPA Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% Pure (250ml)
SHL BRAND ISOPROPANOL IPA Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% Pure (500ml)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Shiny Hardware Limited||Hexeal Chemicals||Shiny Hardware Limited||Shiny Hardware Limited|
Customers also shopped for
Isopropanol is also know as Isopropyl Alcohol and IPA it is a quickly evaporating Alcohol based chemical that cuts through Thermal Paste and residue allowing you to clean your CPU/GPU die and surrounding areas before applying new thermal paste. Isopropanol works fantastically with Arctic Silver products and allows you to shine the core for perfect heat transference with the thermal compound of your choice.
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Sterilising, as far as I understand it will kill germs as long as you allow it to dry and evaporate on its own which it doesn't take long, between a few seconds and a few minutes depending on how you use, best to not use a cloth.
2. Cleaning, I've used it so far to clean off dirt, dust, permanent marker, ink, smudgy fingerprints, leftover sticky residue (from tape, stickers etc), oil and even light rust (it can't 'fix' rust, but it can clean off the worst of it, if wanted), I've used it for many more things but I think the current list is long enough to get the general idea.
3. Cheap, it's seriously good value, I use it very, very often and still have some left, I think it's amusing that when I first got it I thought 1 litre was far too much for what I needed and it would never get used.
4. Safety-cap, I suppose it is worth mentioning the cap is a safety cap, you need to apply downward pressure and turn to open it, but really... if you have kids you should make sure they never get their hands on it anyway.
5. Repairs, well not so much repairs but it is suitable for PC work and hardware, I messed up a thermal paste application to an AMD CPU once and got it on the pins, I poured a small amount of the alcohol into a shallow plastic tub and put the CPU in pin-side down, gently shaked it for about 2 minutes and then removed it, I then got another tub and filled it with fresh clean alcohol, placed the CPU in again to clean it off and then allowed it to air dry, thankfully the CPU worked fine after I installed it, however please do not take what I've said for granted, maybe I got lucky as I only did the alcohol bath as a last resort and the gold plating is permanently discoloured but seems to be working fine nonetheless.
1. Fumes, probably to be expected at 99.9% pure but the fumes are pretty damn strong, if you keep about a metre away you probably won't smell it but if you have to work very near it, like when it's been applied to a facial pad to clean something, you may want to try holding your breath and turn your head away from it to take a breath, I'm not kidding, it really is that strong.
The solution is top notch as it cleaned the inside of an ipad screen I was replacing. It cleaned easily and dried fast , leaving no noticeable residue.
Very pleased with the purchase.
Overall, a great product at a great price (one of the cheapest 99% 1 litres) that is a handy aid in and around the house
Excellent cleaning properties, and great for removing sticky labels. Buy a few very cheap 15ml spray pumps and you can have it to hand whereever you are.
Comes in a very sturdy bottle with safety cap. Appears to be as pure as other brands I've bought, so your only consideration should be do you need this much, or is it the right price?
sure you would imagine) so make sure you wear a mask when using, although thats not necessary. And if you get any on your skin, dont worry just make sure you wash it off with water only. It kind of feels dry on skin even though its a liquid. Overall I would say buy this if your in need of some rubbing/cleaning alcohol. The price and functionality of this product is perfect for its intended use.