- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Infinite Space (Nintendo DS)
- Extensive customization: Players create and customize a fleet of up to five spaceships with over 100 spaceship blueprints and over 200 modules to choose from. Changing the crew and spaceship attributes directly affects the impact of the fleet.
- Unique tactical battle system: Decisions must be made quickly in the dramatic, action-filled battles, or enemies will get the upper hand.
- Two unique gameplay modes: Players compete wirelessly in 2-player versus mode or travel through the expansive universe on a solo quest.
- Vast storyline: In this epic journey that spans Yuri's lifetime from child to adult, players encounter over 100 unique characters in over 70 hours of gameplay.
- Retro graphics: In a nod to classic Japanese sci-fi anime, the game features spaceships and Japanese anime characters with a 1980s vibe.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Nintendo DS
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Infinite Space, an RPG exclusively for the DS, is set in outer space and allows players the chance to control, build, outfit and customise more than 150 spaceships. The game follows the story of Yuri, a young crewman who journeys the galaxy and slowly rises up the ranks to become captain of his very own spaceship. Players will battle their way through space, exploring planets and the solar system, as they try to become the strongest fleet in the galaxy.
The talented creators at PlatinumGames and Nude Maker have collaborated once again, this time on Infinite Space, an elaborate sci-fi RPG with an engaging battle system requiring both speed and strategy. The esteemed team’s first title, Steel Battalion, was critically claimed and became a sought after collector’s item. Their latest space adventure promises the same high quality and intricate depth in over 70 hours of gameplay. Created exclusively for the Nintendo DS™, the saga immerses players in a dynamic, colorful universe on the verge of war. In the role of young Yuri, players command a fleet of spaceships and battle against tyrannical dictators and deadly space pirates while searching for a mystical epitaph known to have the power to change the world. As the story unfolds, Yuri grows into a man powerful enough to prevent another war and possibly, universal annihilation.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The protagonists and the villains are ludicrous as is the plot (a kid through hapless fate is granted the right to commandeer a star fleet !), the graphics as some have pointed out on here are very basic 3D (gosh what do you expect from a Nintendo DS) and the grinding takes it toll. Yet somehow it all works beautifully. The repetition is broken up by the boss fights which often require a brand new combat strategy with your fleet, the plot as silly as it may be makes you want to know simply 'what comes next' with all it's twists and turns ... and it compels you to push forward with the game's progress.
I also like the part where you can pick and chose the ship in your fleet and the crew with their special skills and also how you can apply the modules in your ship's fleet in Tetris like fashion. A sleeper hit and that is because Sega under produced the game week or so after release date there was a supply shortage .... no sequel either :(
Most recent customer reviews
Their are brilliant characters, some of whom are misguided and some of whom are just plain...Read more
so i bought this game.Read more
games in the last few years....Read more