- Visit the Dog Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of dog collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Store for great offers on dog food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Dog Treats Store for a huge selection of dog treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Dog Shampoo Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog shampoos.
Other Sellers on Amazon
SAFE 12 V Petnap Electric Cat Dog heat pad mat 33cm x 44cm
|You Save:||£7.46 (24%)|
- Petnap vinyl heat pad 33cm x 44cm SAFE 12v not 240V
- Electric heat pad, low wattage and low cost to run
- Complete with 12v mains adaptor and car charger
- Each pad also includes a machine washable fleece cover
- Ideal for whelping, general joint pains and well being (Not suitable for dogs that chew see out flexiguard range)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
The vinyl heat pad is used in the pets bed and provides a continuous warm comfortable heat. The internal thermostat regulates the temperature to maintain the optimum warmth. SPARE COVERS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Petnap said I didn't have to return non working mat. Waited 3 days for replacement heated, with NO CHARGER??? How on earth am I supposed to use a mat without a charger unit? Bit irritated by lack of common sense. It's even written on the document 'mat only'??? The whole unit stopped working... I emailed Petnap. They replied "we do not supply the charger as they never go wrong"!! I've never heard such utter nonsense.
Do not buy as they will not replace the whole unit and I'm not happy having to use a possible dodgy electric charger unit.
- Very flexible, soft mat (with the supplied cover which must be used).
- Large enough even for a large cat (don't embarrass my cat by asking how I know this)
- Doesn't overheat
- Gives off the correct amount of warmth when laid upon
- Protected lead coming from the mat to protect against biting
Not so good
- Could be even bigger for average sized dogs (OK for a Yorkie, no good for a Lab)
- Transformer is an old-technology plug-in unit that gets warm (but not hot) but ultimately may fail due to the constant heat. But this can be replaced by a modern 'switched mode' 12-volt power supply like the ones that supply laptops which don't get so hot and are more efficient and last longer
- Instructions say 'Don't place a blanket over the heated pad' but the reviewers here all seem to do so (me included) for extra comfort and it works just fine
All in all the best mat I could have found for my Benny cat; he just loves it and I feel happy he's not getting cold at night.
When you plug the mat in it doesn’t feel that warm to the touch. However it arrived just as I started coming down with the flu and I ended up lying on the sofa with the Petnap heatpad under my back – when you’re lying on it, it really warms up! But never gets uncomfortably hot, it’s quite amazing.
The mat is a good size, not too big and also, as it’s not enclosed in a cat, it allows my cat to lie half-on it if he starts to get too warm. Instantly it’s become his favourite thing in the world, I’ve never seen him so fond of anything before. It’s a really low voltage and the wire is protected with a casing that nothing could chew through, so completely safe to leave on all day. The cover is nice and soft, and washable.
I’d truly recommend this product, worth every penny.
In the meantime however, I am delighted with it and so are the cats. The size fits the catbed perfectly (the small wouldn't have sufficed) and it comes with a standard British plug unlike some alternative brands from further afield. Having previously laid on the top of the radiators the cats are quite content with the level of warmth from the pad which is considerably less. I don't know yet how much it will cost to run (our house is chilly so I have been leaving it on all day).
I noticed in the instructions that it is NOT for use under any other blanket or bedding which unless you were aware of before purchase (or frankly didn't care) is a point worth noting. I had envisaged it would work the same as an electric blanket for humans, but apparently not.
Not inexpensive for what it is but provided it keeps working, I'm very happy with the purchase.
Most recent customer reviews