Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £4.99 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Russell Hobbs RHM1714B 17 litre Black Digital Microwave
|Price:||£68.98 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- The RHM1714B is a practical and stylish everyday microwave. This model has a silver mirror finish door and black housing
- The RHM1714B offers 700W power output, a 17L capacity and is easy to use with its button and dial operating system
- Amongst it's features this microwave offers; Auto Cook options, 5 power levels, weight defrost settings & a digital clock/timer display
- The glass turntable is 24.5cm in diameter & is easy to clean
- Our customer service team are available to assist with any queries you may have regarding this product on our customer helpline
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
Russell Hobbs RHM1714B 17 litre Black Digital Microwave
|Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery|
|Capacity||17 litres||20 litres||23 litres||20 litres|
|Dimensions||26.2 cm x 36 cm x 45.2 cm||35.9 cm x 44 cm x 25.8 cm||41 cm x 48.5 cm x 29.3 cm||26.2 cm x 39.5 cm x 45.2 cm|
|Item Weight||11 kg||11 kg||13 kg||12 kg|
|Wattage||700 Watts||800 Watts||800 Watts||800 Watts|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
The Russell Hobbs RHM1714B microwave has a sleek and stylish design, boasting an attractive mirror door finish. This attractive appliance is simple and easy to use with its 700 watts of microwave power, providing you quick and convenient cooking in your home.
The RHM1714B from Russell Hobbs is a 17 litre cavity capacity microwave, comfortably fitting a standard size of dinner plate. It comes with a removable and dishwasher safe glass turn-table for easy cleaning.
Pre-programmed auto cook menus, such as pizza (reheat), fish, and popcorn, allow you to cook all your favourite foods at the push of a button. What’s more, there’s automatic defrost settings meaning all you have to do is input the weight of the food, and the microwave selects the ideal defrost time, saving you time and effort. Moreover, 5 microwave power levels enable tailoring of your cooking experience.
Additional features include a handy digital clock and count-down timer, and for added peace of mind, the RHM1714B comes with a child safety lock option, preventing young children from being able to open the microwave door.
From the Manufacturer
Russell Hobbs Compact Microwave
The RHM1714B from Russell Hobbs is simple and easy to use with 700 watts of microwave power, providing you quick and convenient cooking in your home.
Rocky Road Cake in a Mug
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 medium egg
3 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp self-raising flour
4 tbsp mini marshmallows
1 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp. broken rich tea biscuits
1. Add the butter to a large microwavable mug of at least 350ml. Microwave for 10-20 seconds to melt.
2. Add the cocoa powder and stir to combine. Next add the egg and sugar, beating with a fork.
3. Add the flour and beat again until smooth.
4. Stir in most of the marshmallows, raisins and biscuits and sit the remaining on top.
5. Cook on full power for 1 minute 40 seconds. Check that the mixture is cooked. If not, add time and check at 30 second intervals until it is completely cooked through.
Fuss-Free Poached Egg
1 medium egg
Pinch of salt
Recently boiled water
1. Using water from a recently boiled kettle, half fill a microwavable mug.
2. Add a pinch of salt and carefully crack the egg into the water.
3. Microwave on full power for 30 seconds.
4. Check the egg. If necessary, cook for a further 30-45 seconds, checking at 15 second intervals until poached to the desired consistency.
5. Drain and serve.
Why not try…
Serving with toasted English muffins, steamed spinach and Hollandaise sauce
1 medium baking potato
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Thoroughly wash and dry the potato.
2. Using a fork pierce the potato skin in 4 or 5 places.
3. Rub the oil and sea salt into the potato. This helps to crisp up the skin for an oven-style jacket potato.
4. Place on a microwavable plate and cook on full power for 4 minutes.
5. Turn the potato and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, checking the progress at 1 minute intervals.*
6. Serve with your favourite filling.
*Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the potato
Steamed Salmon, Potatoes and Asparagus
2 salmon fillets
300g baby potatoes
1 tsp butter
2 slices lemon
1 tbsp. chopped dill
Salt and pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a microwavable container with the butter. Season and cover with cling film. Cook on full power for 4-5 minutes or until cooked. Keep covered.
2. Meanwhile, place the salmon in a microwavable container with the lemon and dill. Season and cover with cling film. As soon as the potatoes are cooked, cook the salmon on full power for 3 minutes. If necessary, extend the cooking time by up to 2 minutes, checking at regular intervals until the salmon is cooked through.
3. Finally, wash and trim the asparagus, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, then serve with the salmon and potatoes.
About your Russell Hobbs microwave
Microwave ovens do not generate any heat themselves but instead cause water molecules in food to vibrate. This vibration produces heat that cooks the food. This is why your food will come out of the microwave piping hot, when your utensils inside the microwave stay much cooler.
Microwaves cannot go through metal, so the inside of the appliance is lined with metal. The door is lined with a fine metal mesh which stops microwaves getting through.
Avoid using scouring pads, steel wool or other abrasives. Warm soapy water and a sponge should get rid of all moisture and food spillages.
How to get the best cooking results
With six microwave power levels to choose from, you can ensure all your food is cooked or re-heated to the optimum temperature.
This microwave has automatic defrost settings, all you have to do is input the weight of the food and the microwave selects the ideal defrost time.
Auto Cook Menus
The RHM1714B also features pre-programmed auto cook menus such as pizza, fish and popcorn, allowing you to cook all your favourite food at the push of a button.
Hints and tips
To avoid any microwave mishaps it is recommended to take extra care with the following:
Low moisture foods (eg. cereals, bagels, dried pasta, pulses and chocolate)
- These must be cooked on a low power level for a very short length of time, or preferably not at all.
High sugar content foods (eg. jams, syrups)
- These foods can become easily ‘super-heated’ when cooked in a microwave oven.
Foods containing alcohol
- Foods with an alcohol content must not be cooked in a microwave as they could ignite.
Foods with a membrane or outer skin (eg. fruits, sausages, potatoes)
- Food with a sealed or none porous skin must be pierced to allow pressure and steam to escape.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
(I have used this for about 5 months)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good quality, worth all money
Look really nice and expensive
it does what it says on the tin so to speak. decent size and easy to use. took me a few minutes to figure out how to use the timers but it starts automatically after you've clicked... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jordan Andrews
Very please with this microwave. Kept my old one for years as it still worked but it took up so much room on the work surface, so glad I bought this one, it looks stunning and is... Read morePublished 1 month ago by boyceeb