Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £0.49 UK delivery
Russell Hobbs 3 Tier 9 L Capacity 800 W Food Steamer 21140 - White
|Price:||£27.96 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£22.03 (44%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ideal for steaming rice, vegetables, meat and fish the three tier steamer provides one of the healthiest ways to cook minimising the loss of nutrients and vitamins
- With a powerful 800W and turbo steam design, you can cook food on multiple levels all at once saving you time energy and money
- Three separate basket layers provide a generous 9 L capacity ideal when entertaining guests or cooking for larger families
- With two water inlets (one on each side) you can easily refill your steamer, regardless of where it's sat on your kitchen worktop
- Requiring no oil and giving off no smoke, steaming your food leaves very little mess to clean up after you've finished
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Colour Name: White
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Russell Hobbs 3-Tier Food Steamer, 9 L, 220-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 800 W 21140 - White.
- 1 x Russell Hobbs 3 Teir Food Steamer
- 1 x 1 L rice bowl and egg holder basket
- 1 x Instruction manual with details of guarantee
From the manufacturer
Hot ‘n’ steamy – try the healthy way to cook food
Most food favourites benefit from the steam treatment – it’s a healthier way to cook without adding oils or fat. Meat and fish keeps its flavour and succulence because the steaming process infuses the food, sealing in its natural juiciness and nutritional values.
The Russell Hobbs 3 Tier Food Steamer has stacked baskets with a total capacity of 9 litres so you can steam different foods simultaneously without having to juggle pots and pans on your cooker hob. It saves on washing up too!
The turbo steam ring design creates a plume of steam in less than 40 seconds and, because steaming is faster and uses less energy than a conventional oven, you can whip up a meal faster without running up your fuel bill.
If you haven’t tried steaming, why not give it a go and look forward to a rainbow selection of fresh healthy foods that are full of flavour and natural goodness.
- Steams rice, vegetables and fish whilst retaining maximum nutrients and vitamins
- Turbo steam ring design creates steam in less than 40 seconds
- 800 w of power
- 3 basket layers with a total 9 litre capacity
- 2 side water inlets
- 1 litre rice bowl and egg holders in baskets
- 60 minute timer
- Drip tray for collecting water waste
Using your steamer is easy
1) Fill the reservoir to the maximum (1.3 litres) with fresh cold water. This will give you up to 60 minutes steaming – more than enough time for most foods yet filling it this way ensures you don’t run out of steam.
2) Although some people like to add stock to the water if cooking rice, seasoning, marinades etc. should be added to the food itself, not to the water.
3) Check that the steam tube is sitting on the floor of the reservoir, and centred on the element.
The basket handles are marked 1, 2, and 3. Fit basket 1 on top of the tray, then put food in the basket. Fit basket 2 on top of basket 1, then put food in basket 2. Fit basket 3 on top of 2 and put food in that one.
A few handy tips
Juices from the upper baskets will drip into the baskets below, so don’t put delicate flavours below strong ones, or vegetables below greasy foods.
Pack food loosely in the baskets - Whenever possible, use single layers of food - If you use more than one layer of food, leave space between the pieces to let the steam circulate through the layers - Don’t line the baskets with paper, foil, or anything that will block the steam holes
To make sure everything is cooked uniformly, try to cut all pieces of food in any one basket to roughly the same size. Put larger pieces, or food with long cooking times, closer to the tray and smaller pieces, or food with short cooking times, furthest from it
Don’t try to steam your food without the lid. It won’t cook, the water won’t last, and you’ll fill the kitchen with steam.
Fast food, but healthier
Your steamer has a timer that you can set for the duration required. The light will glow and within about 20 seconds, steam will start to fill the baskets. When the timer returns to 0, a bell will sound, and the steamer will switch off. If you want to stop the steamer early, unplug it. Don’t turn the timer back to 0 – you’ll damage it.
When it’s done everything will be boiling hot so use oven gloves or a cloth to hold the handles and when you lift the lid, angle it to direct the steam away from you.
Empty the reservoir via one of the pouring lips at the sides.
Your steamer comes complete with a booklet on safe cooking times – these are a guide only and should be extended if 2 or 3 baskets are used, if a particular food is cooked in the second or third basket or if it is layered within a basket. Generally, the further the food is from the element, the longer it’ll take to cook.
Cook all meat and poultry until the juices run clear. Cook any fish until the flesh is opaque. Put the rice bowl in the topmost basket. If you put rice underneath other foods, the juices will alter the flavour of the rice, and the additional liquid may make it mushy.
Rice should take 15 to 20 minutes, depending on type, quantity, and personal taste.
Caring for your steamer will help it last longer
Your steamer is looking after you so it’s only fair you should know how to take care of it. It’s really easy and doesn’t take long.
- Unplug the steamer and let it cool down fully
- Wash the lid, rice bowl, baskets, and tray in warm, soapy water, rinse and dry
- Wipe the base unit with a damp cloth
- Don’t put the base unit in water or any other liquid
- Don’t put any of the parts in a dishwasher, you’ll damage the surface finishes
- Don’t use harsh or abrasive cleaning agents or solvents
- Eventually, some foods will leave stains – don’t worry about them. If the stains won’t come out, then they can’t affect the taste of your food
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most recent customer reviews