- Visit the Russell Hobbs Store for a great range of products including kettles, toasters, coffee makers, and more.
Russell Hobbs 13897 1.7 L Colour Changing Kettle
- Internal illumination from 2 LEDs below twin water windows
- 3 kW Rapid boil concealed element
- 1.7 L capacity
- 360-degree base with cord storage
- Removable washable filter
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
With a fashionable gloss white body, the Russell Hobbs Seattle Kettle was designed to match the contemporary kitchen. The kettle features colour changing illumination in the windows: blue when cold, red when boiling. It also boasts a 3 kW rapid boil element for faster boiling, a 1.7 L water gauge and a removable washable filter.
About the brand
The Russell Hobbs brand has been synonymous with quality, style and innovation for over 50 years. Founded in 1952 by Bill Russell and Peter Hobbs, the brand has led the way by introducing products that offer real consumer benefits and technological advancements. Such is the strength of the Russell Hobbs brand, it is recognised by 9 out of 10 consumers as a leading small kitchen appliance brand in the UK and has won numerous awards and product accreditations by leading institutes.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) Does it heat a useful amount of water quickly? Yep, full marks. I haven't timed it but it's pretty quick and it's a good size.
2) Is it energy efficient? I don't know, I didn't bother to look at this, as for me it isn't a major consideration. However, you can see easily through the transparent side panels just how much water is in the kettle, so you can heat up only exactly what you need, which has to save power and money.
3) Is it easy to operate? It was easy to get going but there is one problem; the lid does not swing back far enough to allow an easy fill up with water from a filtration jug, although it would probably be OK straight from the tap. Also, the pop up lid would not pop up to start with but is OK now.
4) Does it look good? Full marks again. I am a big kid really and bought the kettle because of the cool way the see through side panels change colour from blue to red as the water heats up. It's fun and a useful safety feature.
5) Is it safe for adults and children? It is very stable and the way the power is delivered seems very safe and sensible to me. Nothing much is child or idiot proof and the sides do get hot, so care is still needed but it would give a drunk in need of a cup of coffee, a child in need of a hot chocolate or a dementia sufferer a very good chance of staying unburnt.
6) Does it keep on working for a long time? Only time will tell but it seems sturdy enough and apart from the lid hic-cup at the start it has worked fine. Other Russell Hobbs products that I have owned were still working when I got tired of them.
7) Is it easy to clean and maintain? It's very easy to clean and has a concealed heating element internally, so there is nothing to fur up.Read more ›
I was a little apprehensive about this particular model after reading the review about problems with drips when pouring, but try as I may, I can't get mine to drip.
An excellent buy.
quick to boil, looks good and having a water level window each side means i don't have to contort my neck when i fill up left handed!
This kettle is fun with the colour changes and it boils fast. However on the down side it is virtually impossible to pour from it without spilling hot water.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We love it, the only problem is that when one wants to reheat some water, it is necessary to manually keep the switch down. Read morePublished on 12 May 2014 by stach
My Russell Hobbs 13897 was bought in January 2012. In December 2013 one of the transparent panels cracked from top to bottom for no apparent reason. It was not dropped or banged.Published on 28 Dec. 2013 by xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Initial good impression only lasted until the guarantee ran out, when it started to leak as a hairline crack steadily opened up in the viewing panel.Published on 2 Dec. 2013 by Grumpy
I bought this kettle as I liked the idea that it changes colour. The colour change was not that amazing but it dies what a kettle is supposed to do.Published on 25 Oct. 2013 by mrs laura abbott
Good quality but doesn't appear to last very long; this might be because it is well used in the office!Published on 2 Sept. 2013 by GJ