Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£10.99|
Save £2.92 (27%)
Running & Being: The Total Experience Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I have read tons about running and if I had to rank them, all Dr. Sheehan's books would be on the top of the list (But "R&B" is the best of his stuff, so start there). If you want the definitive book on all the technical details about running, get Glover's "Competetive Runner's Handbook" (make sure "Competetive" is in the title). If you want or need helping understanding life, read all of Sheehan's stuff. Heck those two books (Sheehan & Glover) are really all you need for years of PR's and spiritual growth.
The journal format provides rich material for the philosophical athelete or anyone who has "discovered their own play".
Sheehan, first writing in the seventies, is the first of the running writers and with no legacy, pulls his thoughts from an eclectic mix of medicine, philosophy, theology and sports journalism. Running for Sheehan is both the most natural activity of the body and a mystical experience where the individual athelete has to face his/her frailties with complete candour.
The reader will likely engage with Sheenhan and want to follow up the threads he develops. To this end the republished "Running and Being" still lacks from not including directed follow up reading.
This book is much more than, this is about the why of running, and the why of life too.
I purchased the kindle version of this book, and I have highlighted more passages and quotes in this than any other book. It is a book I will return to. Although this book is over 30 years old, it says more or less everything about the philosophy of running.
The kindle book is well formatted as well.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was really looking forward to reading this book, but found it utterly tedious. If you are not American you will find it, as I did, incomprehensible!Published 16 months ago by Emma Davies
Very entertaing and funny read. It is excellent for inspiration. Makes you put on running shoes and hit the road. Great book for new runners.Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great read as everyone has,said about to reread again loved it will enlighten delight inspire and drive you to experiencePublished on 5 Jan. 2014 by jan jan
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Psychology
- Books > Biography > Sport > Athletics
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > New Age
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Athletics & Gymnastics > Running & Jogging
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Training & Coaching > Psychology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health & Fitness > Exercise & Fitness
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sport > Individual Sports > Running & Jogging
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sport > Miscellaneous > Sports Psychology