- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Running a Bar For Dummies Paperback – 6 Jun 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
- Write a business plan, obtain a liquor license, and make a profit
- Stock your bar like a pro with great selections
- Plan top–notch drink and food menus
- Hire and train a winning staff
The easy way to break into the bar business
If you want to BYOB (be your own boss) and fulfill your dream of running your own bar, this hands–on, friendly guide has everything you need to get started. You’ll discover how to obtain a liquor license, manage inventory, plan drink and food menus, meet financial and legal requirements, attract customers, make a profit, and more!
- Raise a glass ― get a crash course on the bar business, including tips for getting started, creating your concept, picking your name, and deciding whether you have what it takes to liven your town’s nightlife
- Setting up ― find the best location for your business, make it into your own, and stock your bar, from equipment to appliances, bourbon to beer, and everything in between
- Please your patrons ― discover tips to find, train, manage, and retain employees who will keep customers happy―and your bar stools full―every night of the week
- Money matters ― get trusted guidance on how to buy products the right way to effectively manage your inventory and cash flow, and find out which numbers to watch in the bar business
Open the book and find:
- How to put your business plan together
- Tips on planning and creating your menus
- The scoop on keeping your bar’s bottom line from hitting bottom
- Advice on how to bring in new customers while still keeping your regulars
- Ways to build goodwill in the community and reap the rewards in your business
- How to avoid common problems that plague many a bar owner
About the Author
Ray Foley, a former Marine with more than 30 years of bartending and restaurant experience, is the founder and publisher of BARTENDER magazine. Heather Dismore is a veteran of both the restaurant and publishing industries. Her published works include Running a Restaurant For Dummies.