- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Rules of the Game: Quiz Shows and American Culture Hardcover – 7 Jun 2006
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"As the first in-depth, book-length investigation of quiz shows,
"With excellent research and intriguing readings of the programs, Hoerschelmann examines some very important issues, including a neglected but major broadcast genre, the differences in audience relations to television from cinema, and the political economy of the genre. More than just a general history of quiz and game shows, the book raises larger questions within television studies."
About the Author
Olaf Hoerschelmann is Associate Professor of Media Theory and Criticism at Eastern Illinois University.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 20th Century
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Television
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Television
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology