Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Ruff's War: A Navy Nurse on the Frontline in Iraq Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 241 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Obviously, Cheryl survived to return home, landing in the U.S. under her own ability to walk off that airplane. Reading about the war, makes me appreciate more what these men and women do for our country every day. It helps me know that they deserve much credit and support for their efforts and also makes me very sad to know that there are some who only return home in body bags. I'm very patriotic and proud of our troops. As an ex-Navy nurse, I applaud all they do and am proud to read of Cheryl's "adventures" in Iraq knowing she served our country and did what she needed to do. A terrifying time indeed but she gave us insight into that war and our military's endurance and dedication.
I'm so glad I read this book. Cheryl is from my home town area, grew up in my church in PA----a home town girl "done proud". Thank you for sharing your story of inspiration and struggles. It was an amazing read.
Cdr. Ruff's story is one of a Navy nurse operating in close support to the Marines during the invasion of Iraq. She served with the 'Devil Docs' made famous by the embedded reporter Dr. Sanjay Gupta an embedded correspondent from CNN. This unit performed numerous surgeries under trying conditions on Marines, Iraqi prisoners of war, and Iraqi civilians. Cdr. Ruff was with the unit during the most crucial times during the war.
Her story is filled with factual notes, and more important gives the overall feelsings of an American serving in Iraq.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Middle East
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Medical
- Books > Biography > Political > Countries & Regions
- Books > Biography > Political > United States
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Nursing
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Asia > Middle East > Iraq
- Books > History > Maritime History
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Naval Forces
- Books > History > Military History > Military Life & Institutions
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Historical > Military & Wars > Afghan & Iraq Wars > Iraq War
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Leaders & Notable People
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Professionals & Academics > Medical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Military