on 28 December 2004
Strangely, I found this movie quite good. It fills you with a sense of Christmas and there's nothing wrong with sitting down and watching this before you open your presents. Nice little kids movie which appealed to me quite a bit. This year I was feeling a bit bah humbug, but this warmed my heart. The plot is good, if cheesy in places, but it remains a nice honest film which everyone can watch. The acting is above average IMO, and Leonard the Bear is my favourite. A story of the underdog rising up is always great, and this delivers. Especially fitting for a nice Christmas Day morning. There were some questions left unanswered, however, such as how do the reindeer's fly? But all in all, this is a worthy Christmas tale, telling a story about everyone's favourite reindeer. It's sad to think that this will be forever compared with the original and then ignored. This is still a great film and it should be praised. Sad that this won't happen anytime soon.
on 6 December 2006
I was very disappointed with this DVD. This is NOT the claymation Rudolph with which I grew up. In fact, the DVD is comprised of seven animated shorts of which Rudolph is but one. The cartoon "Rudolph" only lasts a few minutes and the quality of the image is TERRIBLE!

At least the other cartoons are good. Most seem to be from before the war and were unknown to me.

But if it's "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" you want, don't be fooled! BUY THE OTHER ONE (from the 60's I believe).
on 11 April 2010
I thought this was dreadful. I collect Christmas film & TV and will gladly watch anything associated with the season. However, this was poor. The animation was awful and there was no soul to the film. Upon seeing the names of Richard Dreyfus, Rick Moranis and Jamie Lee Curtis I was expecting so much more.

I watched the definitive 1964 claymation version the previous night and that was in a different league. Definately buy that one instead - you'll waste your money if you buy this!
on 8 September 2003
The title says it all. Great for kids and adults alike. Wonderful songs and the animation is brilliant.
on 10 May 2016
I love this DVD, I watched it every year when I was little and now I'm going to watch it with my little ones every year