Roxio Game Capture (PC)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Roxio PC Game Capture is an easy-to-use, complete way to capture, edit and share videos of your PC and online gameplay.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Roxio PC Game Capture
Easily capture and edit videos of your PC gameplay, and share them online
Roxio Game Capture includes everything you need to capture and edit videos of your PC gameplay, and share them online
Show off your skills by capturing your best moves
- Complete software solution that lets you capture real-time PC gameplay, personalize it with dynamic video effects and easily upload to the web for sharing
- Perfect for bragging rights, posting your own game reviews, or even creating your very own machinima
- Today’s gamers are increasingly social. Sharing accomplishments by capturing and sharing footage of gameplay makes it easier to connect with fellow gamers and achieve recognition and status for elite skills.
- Roxio PC Game Capture makes it quick, easy, and inexpensive for anyone to record, personalise, and post favourite game play footage.
- Say goodbye to other complicated and time-consuming capture solutions. There’s no need to scour message boards to figure out how to capture PC gameplay. And, when you capture gameplay using Roxio PC Game Capture, you can play in high resolution and capture in 3 different quality settings. So you don’t need to sacrifice your gaming experience just to capture your gameplay. Split audio into tracks, automatically identify and tag them, and add to your iTunes library.
- Post your finished productions to show high scores. Or publish your own game reviews. Roxio PC Game Capture makes it easy to share footage from your PC games directly to sites like WeGame, Facebook and YouTube™.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows® 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit), Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM
- DirectX® 9.0c compatible graphics card or higher, sound card
- 2GB free hard drive space for installation. 10+ GB free recommended for video recording.
- Windows Media Player 11 or higher
- Internet explorer 7 or 8
- Internet connection required for capture, registration, product updates and tutorials. Any Internet charges are the user's responsibility
Supported Input Formats:
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, MOV, WMV, DivX, MP4
- Audio: MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC
- Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF
Supported Outputs Formats:
- Video: AVI, DV-AVI, WMV, DivX, MP4
- Audio: MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC
- Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Unfortunately we soon found that this caused Minecraft to slow to a crawl and there was no way to record any kind of commentary/narration at the same time. So his plans for Minecraft videos went out of the window, sadly. It also flatly refused to record any footage of the video games he had programmed himself. No idea why?
Eventually we went looking for an alternative and found FRAPS which we found to be far superior. I would save yourself the hassle and google for that instead of buying this.
Installation is easy enough. It claimed it was installing DirectX 9, which alarmed me as I already had Directx 11 installed. All was okay though, as by the end I still had Directx 11. I spent 20 minutes trawling Roxio Videowave, the Roxio website, and the installed files and folders for details, but failed to discover which version it was. Whatever it is, Roxio appears to have stopped using the product name some time ago. I assume it's an old version of their video editing software. It took 10 minutes to install on my quad-core Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 Professional.
Half of what you get is software that you can download for free. You can find it by Googling "wegame client". This also explains why, when you are using the software, you have to sign-up with the WeGame website and visit their online shop. That's also why, when you make a screenshot or video, you are offered the chance to upload it to WeGame. I have nothing against WeGame; they made the capture tool after all. It's just annoying to discover I could have got it for free.
It's not all free though; you also get Roxio VideoWave, which is a video editor. It isn't great, but is certainly adequate for cutting together simple videos, sounds, pictures and titles to make a finished video. It can output videos as DV, AVC (H.Read more ›
The WeGame client is actually quite good within some limitations. It runs a scan of your drive to compile a list of games you own (that it recognises) but you're not limited to only those games - just launch the WeGame client before starting any game and you should see a green square at the top-left corner of the game indicating WeGame can (try to) record its output. It can capture in three video framrates - NTSC, PAL or computer framerates (that's 29.97fps, 25fps or 30fps) and in three resolutions - web, half-screen or fullscreen. Note that the framerates gamers often quote as a measure of computer capability are irrelevant here, video captures and plays at fixed framerates regardless. I was able to get 720p resolution captures at 30fps which, on a 2-year-old non-gaming laptop, is quite impressive.
The VideoWave app was less impressive.Read more ›
This does exactly that and seems to do the job well. We have fairly beefy PC's so I can't be sure how well it works on slightly older kit but we found that it ran without impacting game performance.
We found it ran OK on the Steam games we tested it on (Dead Island, Dawn of War 2 and Team Fortress 2 thus far) but understand it doesn't work with everything.
The maximum capture on this is up to 30 frames per second and we didn't find any impact on system performance when doing that. There aren't a lot of options available for capture. It captures to AVI at either half or full screen size.
Uploading to the [...] service is very easy indeed and built into the basic software.
However if you wish to edit the video, add effects, change the timeline, build different snippets into a different format and save to different formats then this is possible using the included Roxio Video Wave sofwware. This adds a fair bit of functionality to the base capture and will be useful for building captures into a full movie.
Video Wave also makes it very easy to share your vids to Youtube and Facebook from within the software.
My son is quite happy with it. He's been getting into a gaming community who share and discuss videos and is pleased to have a tool that gets him started in making his own.
Overall I think this provides a fair bit of functionality at a reasonable price and is well worth considering. For novices like us it certainly does the trick.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This really is a nice bit of software it capures the on line games very well although we have found some that it didnt like such as Minecraft but all in all worth the price.Published on 27 Jan. 2013 by Michael Keeber
Well, lets start with a positive, you can capture game footage with this software.
But thats assuming you can get the thing to run with your games at an adequate frame... Read more
the software worked for little while and now every time i try to get it to work it asks for a Wegame account details but here's the kicker wegame isn't trading anymore so £30 down... Read morePublished on 2 Oct. 2012 by A Molesworth
Haven't really used this much. If you want a video capture tool then I'd look around and choose a better one.Published on 3 Jun. 2012 by Tim Roast
I've been using FRAPS for years and, although FRAPS does have it's issues I have to say that I find it a handy bit of kit. Read morePublished on 20 April 2012 by J. J. Sakura-Rose
This thing took truly ages to install with all manner of add-ons from MS being required. Then to add insult to injury it does not work. Read morePublished on 10 Dec. 2011 by D Deacon
Unlike the hardware devices they have for capturing XBOX and PS3 gameplay, this hindered PC performance and monumentally killed enjoyment.Published on 22 Nov. 2011 by 420
Review ten year old boy
"Fantastically easy to use. It's amazing. Really easy to record good game play and play back. Read more
Make no mistake, this can't be used to capture gameplay from your XBox or PS3 in its current state. You need to purchase other hardware. Read morePublished on 15 Nov. 2011 by Silverfrog