Size: 100cm|Colour: Black|Change
Price:£0.05+ £1.99 shipping

on 5 July 2012
Seems a bit odd writing a review of a shoelace! But thought I'd just clear up some misconceptions about these. I ordered a pair to replace the laces in my FootJoy golf shoes, and am happy to report that these laces are perfect, they are extremely similar in shape and size of the pair they are replacing, which are the original ones from FootJoy.

They are not flat, like others have said they are, and they are not 1mm thick, they are at least double that. While they are not laces that are suitable for trainers, skate shoes, or walking boots, they are perfect for golf shoes or general smart work shoes.
on 15 March 2012
First pair that I bought snapped within 2 weeks and the seller kindly sent a replacement pair. These have gone the same way as the first pair and so I cannot recommend the product itself, which is a 90cm thin pair of waxed shoelaces, purchased for £3.50
These laces feel nice and look nice, and are easy to tie. This may sound obvious for a shoe-lace, but nylon types never quite look right on good shoes, and untie themselves progressively during the day. Because these are waxed, they have a bit of stiffness to them.

Unlike nylon laces, these will eventually break. I've been using them for six months now, and they are in every respect satisfactory, but they will break in the end. For good shoes, the nice look and feel, and better tie-ability, makes these the best choice as far as I'm concerned. I will re-order when they do break.
on 29 April 2014
Cannot believe how hard it is to find quality waxed shoe laces.

These are OK and for the money it would be wrong to criticise however they are not really very waxed and appear a little hairy.

I won't buy any more, simply because I want a better quality lace. This is absolutely no reflection on the value for money that these laces represent; I just need to spend more to find a better quality.
on 8 March 2014
Ordered 90 cm from TZ Laces, Size was good, but not waxed enough, bad quality, not happy at all.
they not standing any near to my old clarks waxed laces which were perfect.
maybe i wasnt lucky, or maybe its only this particular size.. but I wont order from TZ Laces again based on this purchase.
will try other sellers, thankfully every seller is often selling different thing.

Ordered different type of laces from Big Laces before, maybe I was lucky, quality was really good, but too thick (i wasn't sure what thickness i needed anyway).

if anybody got good quality waxed laces (90-100cm , 2-3mm) from any of these other sellers, please let me know :) I'll try them.
on 14 January 2012
Was looking everywhere for this type of lace at no more than 1m length...found it here and have not been disappointed so far - I take my shoes off a few times per day due to my job, so need something robust.
on 18 March 2016
Product looks vary good, however I didn't notice that they are only 2mm in diameter and I needed them for the child's kickers, which require significantly thicker ones. Nevertheless product looks as described.
review image
on 9 August 2014
Bought as replacement for failing fabric laces. Was a little concerned about the comparative thinness of these laces for appearance and for cutting into the shoes' unreinforced lace-holes but, so far (in two weeks of use) no problem. The knot stays tied through the day and does not slip, unlike some laces I have had.
on 15 March 2016
The product arrived on time. I normally buy DASCO but thought I would try an alternative as the price was attractive. So disappointed, within 2 weeks the laces had disintegrated.
I've just had 5 pairs of DASCO delivered. I guess you get what you pay for
on 12 November 2014
Although the diameter is clearly given in the description, these laces seemed narrower than I had hoped, particularly for 120cm length. However, couldn't find that length brown lace anywhere else and I can at least wear my boots again!