on 7 September 2013
I thought it was a really interesting book to read and worth keeping to review some key points. I am sure some will feel they already know some of the facts but it does reinforce your knowledge.
on 22 June 2013
This book has been an invaluable source in helping to provide a group for men where work. A good buy
on 4 July 2009
The book is really quite good but persists in advising you to drink water and give up smoking and drink. Pretty obvious stuff.
on 18 November 2012
I bought this book as a reference for general health topics. I've browsed through it and read sections here and there in search of practical tips on leading a healthier life. Unfortunately, the book seems to presume that all of its readers, at the outset, are obese couch potatoes as well as drinkers and smokers. On the topic of diet, it offers advice for losing weight. On the topic of dental hygiene, it offers tips for whitening your teeth. It gives you an overview of the cost of various types of cosmetic surgery. But nowhere did I find any real practical suggestions - if they're there, they're buried well between the lines.
Instead of this book, I'd recommend Healthy at 100.
on 30 August 2009
I bought this for my 19 year old son. He hasn't stopped discussing topics from within the book. It's opened my eyes too...
on 1 April 2011
This guide is great in my opinion because it gives a prudent approach to most if not all aspects of health and as someone has said this throrough 'back to basics' guide informs the modern male the essentials of health for today's modern lifestyle. I would buy this if I wanted to improve and inform myself of my health in an enjoyable and easy to read manner.
on 25 February 2009
This is a real down earth and back to basics book which just tells you how it how it is and is well worth a read with some real quality information.