on 1 November 2014
Our touring holiday of South Africa would not have been the same without this map!
on 16 August 2010
All roads around Jo'burg and Pretoria have renumbered plus massive new build for world cup. So map of little use for that area - otherwise useful and in places indispensable.
6 people found this helpful
on 5 February 2013
On our road trip of South Africa we took this map with us. We also hired a sat nav. Sadly the Sat nav let us down several times. The map didn't. A must have for anyone driving over there.
on 21 March 2013
A map tp help us plan a holiday to South Africa. It does give a scale of the country and tells us how far various places are apart.
on 9 January 2018
Prompt and product as described
on 13 July 2013
Not as thorough as I expected disappointed thought it the map would be in more depth and contain more features!
on 19 March 2013
just right - gave me all the info I required, and more besides. What more can I say about it.
on 24 November 2011
Took to SA recently on a roadtrip from Jo'burg to Kruger to Cape Town so I needed something that covered a lot of ground. Obviously doesn't show great detail but as an overview it was perfect. We didn't get lost at all and it shows some good points of interest.

Only issue would be we had to drive a 80km dirt track which was shown as a proper road. Lucky we rented the 4x4!!
3 people found this helpful
on 8 January 2012
Came back from South Africa relieved that we took time to read this very informative book! So much to do and see this book really helps to focus the mind on what you would like to do and see. Helps to give a history of the Country and to understand it's culture a bit more.
on 29 September 2010
looks an excellent map, but I have not used it yet. appears very clear and on past useage of Rough Guide maps it should be ace.