on 31 January 2012
I buy one Rough Guide each time I travel to a different city and I absolutely love it! I used to buy American Express and Lonely Planet and I like better Rough Guide. The guide has wonderful descriptions of the sites/cities, timetable and prices for museums, fabulous tips/info and schemes of the main sites with precious notes. It's a fact that doesn't have many photos, but you won't need it! Once you're there you can have your own photos! And if you have doubts about the place, have a look on line! The descriptions and tips will compensate all of that! Also it's a light book compared with American Express
on 30 April 2012
I downloaded this volume to my new iPad for a recent visit to Kos in the absence of a downloadable guide to that specific island (well, I couldn't find one).

Reasonable informative (although, understandably, not a huge amount on Kos island as the guide covers the whole of Greece).

Disappointing quality of maps - when enlarged on the iPad, detail is very limited.
on 27 September 2009
I paid my money, they sent me the stuff. This was a completely normal transaction. The goods were exactly as described. That's why I'm not suing anybody. My only complaint is Amazon taking up my time insisting that I review the process.
on 12 July 2009
Brilliant! Have just returned from Greece and would never be without a copy of "The Rough Guide". Invaluable, packed with information, very helpful - a must for travellers!