on 10 April 2006
I may have missed the point of this book but I was hoping to get the inside track and a few hints and tips on how to make our first trip to the caribbean as special as possible. Instead, there is very little that you can't get with a little bit of effort searching on web forums.
The book is handy size-wise and the maps are ok. There are sections on each coast which cover accomodation, places to eat and things to do but you can't help feel a bit conned. Like you have paid to hear a secret that you already knew.
There are no pictures of the hotels or useful advice on the pros and cons of each. The book mentions the main tourist centres of Shirley Heights and Nelson's Dockyard but there is no advice on when to go, how to beat the crowds or whether the days out are child friendly.
In my view, these are essential bits of information. As I said, I may have missed the point in that the book was not aimed at me and my family as a target audience. As a guide, it is still disappointing.