I have been to Egypt, the first time was in 1993, and I made my mind up that I'd like to study Egyptology.

Although in my second year of studying Egyptology, during my first year I came across this little book. Although it wasn't one of the study books I was required to read I decided to purchase it.

Whether you've been to Egypt or not, you'll still must have questions about those wonderful monuments, like the Pyramids and Sphinx etc. For example questions about immortality, ownership, their heritage and how we stand in amongst off of it. John Ray examines their history, alternative theories surrounding the building of them and how archaeologists have dealt with both the Rosetta Stone and Ancient Egypt's rebirth during the 19th Century.

I found this book informative, interesting and enjoyable to read.

It makes an excellent edition to my little Egyptian library, which now stands at nearly 1000 books on this subject. :-)
on 8 January 2011
I used this book to write an essay about the discovery of the Rosetta Stone and how it changed our understanding of Egypt and I found it extremely useful.
It was both informative and easy to read, without being patronising.
The author's style of writing was easy to follow and understand and it was packed with lots of useful information.
I highly recommend this book to anyone from those with an interest in Ancient Egypt to those at undergraduate university level.
on 25 May 2014
It was for my GRANDSONS Birthday he was 11 and loved it.he tuke the book to school and read the book to the class.
on 9 October 2015
Great book for amyone wanting to learn more about this subject.