on 12 June 2004
This workout is good in some ways but once you've done each exercise section you will know it. I found the hardest section was the lower body as it seemed a bit boring. It does work thought. I did three sections a day for a week and lost up to 4lb (this was also a calorie controlled diet). I now though found the exercise routine a bit boring and just do my own to music while remembering the moves. There are some good moves though for your bum and legs, but not that many for your love handles which are my worst part. I've seen my arms done a lot of difference and am pleased but that was me doing my own work and doing some of her exercises a day. There is a good range of how hard you work and the two models show you the easier and harder ways to do it. I generally went for the harder but if you are new to exercise you would like to do the easy. The sound track isgood as they pick a ood number of songs and you can sing along. Also the way the muscle groups are pointed out and you get shown which ones you are using are a good way.
If you want something more impact and more fun and more challenging I don't recommend this one. But if you are new to eercise or find exercise a challenge stick to this.
on 23 August 2005
I've had this video for about 5 years now and I always keep coming back to use it again. The video is made up of six sections focusing on hips & thighs, lower body, upper body, abs, arms and back. I love the fact that each section has its own warm-up and because each section is only 10 minutes long, it means I can fit in a section whenever I have the time. Although the exercises are fairly simple, they are definately effective and help me lose a couple of pounds whenever I need to. I would recommend this video to everyone as it really helps tone the body!
on 16 July 2002
The video is split into six 10 minute sections that focus on different parts of the body with the idea that you can pick and choose which bits of the workout you want. Good if you are stretched for time but the disadvantage of this is that each of the sections includes a few minutes warm up so you are only really exercising for 60% of the time.
For absolute beginners Rosemary Conley's friendly tone is a confidence booster and you may notice a slight increase in heart rate after 15-20 minutes but I still would not really recommend it. There is a lot of walking around combined with arm movements and the change between different exercises is quite quick (repeats are only 3-4 times per movement) so when you've got the hang of one exercise it is already time to move on to another. If you are not very coordinated or have not done aerobics before it will take a few repeats to get the movement sorted out and start concentrating on really exercising.

I am in my early thirties and although I would only consider myself moderately fit (currently exercise twice a week for 15 minutes) I found this video too basic and did not find my heart rate increasing to anything like a fat burning level.
This is the entire reason I've logged on - to find myself something that will work the short time I have each week!
on 11 August 2002
I have borrowed this tape from time to time from my mum, as i like the fact that it's in short sections (around 10 mins) and the music is quite good in a cheesy way (Hazell Dean, Rick Astley, Hot Stuff etc) However it isn't all that effective, especially as I prefer not to use weights. The lower body stuff is OK (possibly because that's RC's own problem area?) but none of the supposedly aerobic stuff even gets me out of breath, and i am not a very fit woman! And the tummy exercises are fairly useless, which is my own problem area, having had a caesarean section nearly 3 years ago and still being quite bellyish :( Still, I do like the music so sometimes I use it to time myself doing some proper tummy exercises! If you want non-complicated aerobics, try Leslie Sansone's walk-off weight, and if anyone knows of a good toning video in short sections, let me know!
on 1 February 2002
The tape is divided into 6 sections, each targeting a different area of the body. The workout is not very difficult but enough to strengthen those neglected muscles. If somebody finds it too easy they can always use heavier weights. My only reservation about it is that there is no aerobic section as well but of course doing the routine in a more vigorous way will do the trick. sweating is not an indication of a good workout, do it in a warm room and you will break into a sweat easily.
on 6 March 2001
Each section targets a different section, and has a wonderful little timer at the bottom of the screen that tells you how long you have left to go of that section. The idea is that you pick the zones you want to target and create your own exercise sequence.
As a person with moderate fitness levels, I found that I could do the entire 60 minutes without breaking into a sweat, and barely taking my heart rate up.
For beginners it should be very good.
on 27 August 2014
I have been doing these exercises for years. Everytime I feel a bit heavier I would follow it for a few week with a bit of cutting downs and Hay Presto my old figure is back. But unfortunately with changing into DVD only player I can't use it anymore. Just wondering if one is allowed to turn the VHS into a DVD version? What I mean is will I be able to?
on 18 September 2014
Excellent. Have this on video so already knew how good it is. V.g. delivery as usual.
on 13 November 2015
This is a great exercise that is easy to follow and you don't get lost along the way
on 19 June 2016