on 25 August 2017
Great book. Another hit in the beginners series. We have quite a few Romans books such as the look inside one but as with other books in this series this one is full of loads more facts, which my 4 year old book mad son loves to hear and absorb. I myself love to read these books with him as they are a great introduction to topics that I don't necessarily know much about and I quite honestly do find them very interesting and enjoyable to read with him. He says that this one is his favourite in the series so far, but we still have lots more that we haven't read yet!
on 26 August 2014
Think we've all learned stuff about The Romans from this book!

The usual great quality from these range of books (we're getting quite the collection now) - these have been fab over the years - and have been read from age 3 upwards. My son is 8 who we bought this book for (for school).

Great as when young, these are read to lil ones - with great illustrations. And when older, the child can read them for themselves.
on 28 January 2018
bought this for my children who did a school project on the Romans. It wasn't filled with facts.
on 25 October 2015
Great for entertaining and indirectly learning when you are out for a meal and waiting for food. This kept my little one very interested and asking lots of questions as we worked through it together
on 9 November 2016
Nice looking book for my 7 years old grandson.
on 13 March 2014
My grandson (5) loved this book and read it all through at one sitting. We talked a lot about it, and he had obviously engaged with it because he talked about it a lot, and quizzed us on the Romans!
on 12 April 2014
Needed information on Romans for my 7year old sons project which he would understand. This book was brilliant, straight to the point easy to understand and the pictures were great as well as the cost of the book.
on 3 April 2015
A well-laid out information book where children could illicit facts from the text individually or in pairs.
on 12 December 2013
Usborne books are always a good buy. educational without being stuffy. our local school uses them a lot, helps to get children interested in history, ehich i never a bad thing.
on 25 February 2015
Granddaughter loved this book. Fitted in well with school curriculum.