- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Roman Social History (Classical Foundations) Paperback – 25 Oct 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The various sections are well designed; I especially liked the section on 'Evidence' with its associated appendix  which lists the best available (at the time of writing) collections and translations of all the Primary sources that will help one's study. I still use it as my 'wish list' of books, though I now appear to have most of them in my own collection.
The case studies are beautifully worked examples on what can (and cannot) be learned from the sources, and the final chapter brims with suggestions on how to 'get out there and do it for yourself'.
An entertaining read, as well as a useful first manual on the subject.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Rome
- Books > History > Europe > Italy
- Books > History > Historical Study & Educational Resources > Historiography
- Books > History > Historical Study & Educational Resources > Study & Teaching
- Books > History > Social & Cultural
- Books > History > World History