on 16 September 2011
This is a really handy tool that I keep in my pocket whenever I'm working. It is the first design that has allowed me to do that without cutting myself or having to buy new knives 'cos I'm too lazy to sharpen them. I saw alternative makes with this design(silverline cheaper and stanley obviously more expensive), so went for middle of the road.

The design is excellent as it allows quick easy changing of the blades without any wrestling (like the old fatmax knives I have) or tools (like my even older stanley that needs a screwdriver).

Further gladness came with the handy ten blade dispenser which I now fill with good quality blades (the blades that came with it last about three cuts before the tip disappears).

Well worth the wonga.
on 13 November 2013
Personally I found this knife very uncomfortable for continuous use, ended up with blistering and soreness on my fingers for a few days following an afternoons use of the knife. Its ok if you need a light grip but for a tight grip its horrible
on 26 April 2013
What a brilliant tool. Strong and sturdy for really heavy duty cutting. Its ergonomic design fits the hand wonderfully. It also comes with a neat box of spare blades. Excellent value for money and better than some of the other well-known brands on the market. Highly recommended.
on 3 June 2016
Scary thing but does the job!

I actually needed a thin blade to get into a window lock and couldn't find one stanley knife in my house. I got this one because the price was reasonable, it came with additional blades and it folds (un-retracted Stanleys are the bane of my existance).

I have a serrated work knife that's pretty ugly but this thing scares me even more than that; mind the fingers.

Can't recommend enough.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 January 2012
I have been using one of these for a couple of months now, and I like it so much I have just ordered one more to keep in my car tool-kit.

It has a good weight and feels to be strong and of a good quality. I especially like the ease of use once the blade is open and locked. It is easy to hold firmly in the hand, it does not slip.
The blade is positioned well away from where your hand is holding the knife as you work. The shape of the handle feels comfortable for me also.
It is easy to open and close the knife, and your fingers are well away from the blade as you do so.

I have used the old "classic Stanley knife" style of knife for many years, the type where the blade slides forwards out of the handle. However, I frequently find that the blade does not lock fully in place and can slip back inside as you are working/cutting.

This Rolson knife locks perfectly and is very easy to use.
I also like that the blades are "standard" replaceable blades that can be bought from any DIY outlet.

I will be junking all my other style of knife and using this one exclusively, and I recommend it to anyone.
on 22 May 2016
great for the money
a bargain
its sturdy you can tell that as soon as you hold it
really well thought out design
comfortable to hold
the blade part tucks away into the main body
and changing blades is much easier than the traditional design
excellent bit of kit
on 6 September 2013
bought this knife in my local QD for £5.99 so although its a brilliant knife its worth looking in cheap tool shops for the exact same product for a few pounds less, one handed opening isnt the easiest to operate what with the spring in the locking system holding it in the closed position under tension however it is still a great pocket sized utility knife with strong blades and a good weight, perfect for its intended use moreover no need to sharpen. blades come with some kind of oil on them seemingly to prevent rusting and cut skin very easily
on 29 June 2016
This is the best utility knife I have ever owned. Nice to handle and changing blades looks a doddle. It's safe to use with a nice ergonomic grip. It comes with six blades. I would really recommend this piece of kit. Top marks Folsom.
on 30 January 2015
review image
on 29 December 2014
I purchased this utility knife as a back up for the household DIY jobs. It arrived in due time and well packed. I have to say I am not a fan of the Rolson packaging (frustrating to open) and this was no different. Eventually I got it open and well, I am extremely pleased with the purchase. It has now become my priority knife. It is sharp, cuts brilliantly and does its job with no fuss. The extra blades included in the packaging are a bonus. For its price, I'd definitely purchase again when required.