Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 15 February 2011
pros -

Perfect for fitting in your pocket, a drawer or a car glove box (for emergencies)
Sturdy enough for tradesmen, handy if you don't want to carry a head torch about.
Quality metal casing, textured for a little grip.
solid off/on dimpled rubber click button on the base - easily found in the dark.
Bright at short distances.
Includes batteries.

Cons -

Very small strap - might fit round a couple of fingers but not a chance its going over a wrist.
Poor illumination at over 5 meters.

Overall -

An excellent little torch and at three for five pounds and free delivery - its a bargain. Who needs a million candlepower anyway.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 December 2010
The price is good for three lamps. The size is handy and they are easy to put in a pocket. I would have expected a better light beam from 9 LED lamps, though. The strength of the beam varies some between the lamps and the beam could be more concentrated. Good for use in small areas but the light is dispersed beyond 5 metres outdoors in the dark. One in the car, one in the pocket/handbag and one kept handy in case of power cuts = that I can recommend them for, not for use outdoors in the dark.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 8 August 2010
Where else could you get 3 robustly made torches, complete with batteries, for this price ?
I ordered these for my daughter to take abroad on a trip - (needless to say I am keeping one in the car for emergencies!) - they are well made, metal case, compact (fit in the palm of your hand), give very bright illumination with 9 LEDs, and a very positive on/off switch on the base of the torch.
11 comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2010
I am super impressed by these little torches.

We have had several power cuts recently, and I wanted some cheap torches in the house to guide me to the candles. I won't be bothering with the candles anymore!
They are super bright - with 9 mini LED lights in them creating quite a broad beam. They are very light, compact and surprisingly robust. Batteries are also included.
The wrist strap is a misnomer as its rather small, 5cm long, but would allow attachment to a belt clip or bag.
Like many of the other reviewers, I will be ordering more, to put in the car, loft cupboard and as gifts for friends as they are small enough (8.5cm long by 2.5cm wide) to drop into a large pocket or handbag.

These are an excellent purchase.
on 23 September 2011
hi all, the product is a win-win if nto else for just the 9 batteries that are included in the kit. Just two nitice about the difference you would not expect from the image:

1) the white torches are not white, they are a metal gray instead

2) one of the white (gray) torch emits blue light instead of white

watch my new uploaded image of the product as it arrives in its package for additional info, overall a good buy, 1 star less for the blue light instead of being a brightier white light as expected.
review image
on 13 November 2012
For the price, I wasn't expecting much but I have been impressed.

The wife started nagging me for a torch after she'd broken my million candle power one after using it twice. I had a bit of a conundrum as I didn't want to throw good money down the drain. When she fell down the steps I'd built to make it easier for her to feed the chickens, true to form she blamed me for not having supplied her with a torch and for making the steps too irregular so she refused to feed the chickens any more. So, not wanting any harm to come to the chickens, I got her this set of torches to leave around the house in the hope that she'd find one of them on any occasion she required it. I was away when they arrived.

Phone call 1. "They're very small. How am I going to see anything with that?"

Phone call 2. "Only one of them works."

Phone call 3. "It works well. More than enough light."

Phone call 4. "I've lost the one that works and fallen down the steps again."

When I got home, I found the lost one on top of the hen house; thus I can sat they are rain proof. I put the batteries in the right way in the other 2; thus I can report a 100% success there. They do cast a good bit of light, but it is quite near field; perfect for walking from the car to the house or around the garden, or to have in the car in case of emergencies, but not so effective at picking out distant objects in the dark.
on 24 October 2011
This product is so much better than I expected. The torches are small enough to carry around easily, yet very bright LEDs. The on off switch is a handly rubber push on push off at the end of the torch.
Batteries are also included to make this purchase complete.
I would recommend these to anyone looking for a small compact but bright torch.
on 10 January 2012
Very good torches, almost worthy of a 5* rating: only the fact that the screw-on battery lid is a little difficult to fasten on one of the torches; plus that the wrist-strap is far too small to get over your wrist let the product down.

The torches are exactly as pictured, and are impressively bright for their size and light-weight. Also impressive is how durable the grippy-metal casing looks and feels (especially for such a low price): it really does seem excellent quality.

The on/off button (on the base of the torch) is made from a grippy, rubber-like material and is quite large - so is easy to use at night or when wearing gloves. Also, their compact size and light-weight makes them ideal to just slip into your pocket (or handbag) or keep in your car for when you may need it. Also ideal for power-cuts.

I would say that this product is very good value for money: this set of three cost me £9 (including batteries), and I have found similar torches in shops in the UK for £3-£5 EACH (usually NOT including batteries, and often not as good quality).

In summary: a great set of three; very good value for money; cheap but suprisingly good quality; small and light; impressively good light-output. Definately a good buy.
on 11 July 2015
I would have given this 5 stars if it weren't for my last order....
Over the past 3 years I have bought a total of 9 of these - i.e. 27 torches. They are so cheap that I can buy loads and leave them in cars, in the garden shed, by my bed and in the guest bedroom, give them to friends who are walking home at night, leave them at a house that we rent, leave a few at our daughter's wedding, etc. etc. Until my last order they have all worked perfectly, and the supplied batteries lasted a reasonable length of time. None of the previous ones have become faulty over the past 3 years.
I think that amounts to outstanding reliability and value for money at this price - especially as the batteries are included!
None have become hot or run out of battery too quickly, or the other faults other customers have mentioned. They are sturdily made and I've had no trouble fitting Duracell etc. replacement AAA batteries. They are not advertised as waterproof - so maybe that was a different torch.
However, in my last order of 2 packs (6 torches) one had a faulty on/off switch. It's not worth the postage or the bother of sending it back. 1 in 27 faulty is pretty good, and the batteries were OK, so I can use them.
on 22 September 2012
These are quite nice little torches, very bright and very cheap! One LED in one torch wasn't working but its still quite bright enough.
Update, these are ok to start with but obviously cheap components meant that the light started to flicker in all of them after a month or two, had to keep hitting them to make them go bright and eventually they all conked out, after about a year. They are ok and cheap but irritating to use as the light varies in brightness due to poor internal contacts.