Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Rolson Recoil Key Ring
Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£1.95+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 20 January 2015
The cord snapped after 9 days of use. I am a waiter and attach my swipe card to one of these. The cord snapped after 2/3 weeks (I work part time three days a week). It saw regular use through shift, however I have used various recoil rings over the last ten years and all have lasted much longer than this one did.

I normally buy mine from Timpsons but last year some time they seem to have switched their supply of recoil rings to an inferior brand that only last 3-4 months before breaking (One of their rings used to last me over a year) so I decided to try Amazon. Not impressed. I might give Amazon another chance and try another brand on here before going back to Timpson, but I was NOT impressed by this one.

DO NOT BUY
on 27 November 2014
Built sturdy but with two major flaws:

(1) the coil is really quite tight so it takes effort to pull the wire out. Not suitable for somthing like a camera as it will tug on you
(2) the metal eyelette is a little sharp, not on your fingers but on the string. I had two of these and in both the string was eventually cut and so the thing died.

I've had better luck with the cheaper ones to be honest
on 3 August 2017
Like all of these, if you have more than 1 key on it, it doesn't stand up to regular use. i used it for my handcuff key and it's not standing up to the (very) regular use.
on 2 December 2015
This has lasted me aaaages! I carry a large set of keys for work that are quite heavy and it's still bearing up! Doesn't fully retract if I just leave it dangling but it retracts enough for them to rest in my pocket when not in use and not sink to the bottom of my pocket to feel bulky and uncomfortable
on 22 November 2017
Bought this for my daughters locker key and she uses it every day. It work well
on 10 May 2016
Very much fit for purpose and well made. I've always found Rolson to be a reliable make, well built in good materials at sensible prices.
Excellent service,postage etc.
on 19 May 2015
It seems a good quality item and does more or less what you'd expect. The only issue is the reel is quite weak and is not strong enough to hold my pass and two small keys 100% tight. The line sags approx 0.5 - 1.0 inch from the stop.
on 10 October 2013
Had to order a smaller one to meet my needs. This one seems pretty good despite it's size. After I ordered the new one, my boyfriend and I ended up jerry-rigging it to keep something from flapping every time the wind blows. Has been wondrous for it. Everything can have a use :)
on 4 November 2015
There are some things which you want to reach quickly on your belt and then you need a big reliable Recoil Key Ring. This works.
on 29 June 2016
Bigger than expected. It was for my Dad who is old and infirm, so the large size makes it easier for him, but it would be too large for me to be comfortable with.

See one answered question