• Rogue

Customer reviews

Rogue
Format: Audio Download|Change

on 15 September 2015
Another great read!! I'm glad Melanie got her happily ever after!! Grayson sounds yummy too!! Bring on the next one!!
on 17 December 2014
How have I not read this book before now? It was only when Ripped landed on my kindle that I realised, rather remissively of me, that I had not read Rogue.

Having swerved Remy as a possible POV too far, I started Rogue with trepidation. Would this book be able to match up to its amazing predessors, Real and Mine? The answer is a resounding yes!!!!

This book is hot, hot, hot. Greyson King aka Zero will literally blow your socks off and also another number of clothing items will also willingly follow suit upon meeting this man. I even want to have his babies, well that that's after I've had 24/7 one on one time with him for at least 6 months!!! My ovaries are singing his song.

This is the story of Brooke's friend, Melanie. Having found herself in debt to The Underground, Melanie is struggling to raise the funds to pay her debt. Unbeknownst to her, Greyson has her in his sights, not only romantically but also as his mark.

Greyson has been attracted to Melanie from the first time he saw her across the ring, jumping up and down screaming support for Remy. Knowing the dangers for him to become involved with her though he avoids her but continues to watch her from afar. It is only after his father, who is dying, places one last wish on Greyson that he is forced to become acquainted with Melanie but unable to do his father's bidding, he tries to help her without her knowledge.

When Greyson and Melanie finally get together though, sparks literally fly. Greyson is an alpha in the truest sense of the word. The man is sex personified. It oozes from his pores and Melanie is helpless to resist his charms.

Melanie repeatedly asks herself "is this just sex?" but feeling something more, she reluctantly allows her heart to warm to the idea of a relationship with Greyson. Greyson warns Melanie that he's dangerous but as all women know, danger has its charms and Greyson has them in abundance.

As Greyson's mark list gets shorter though so does his time with Melanie but can he find a way to help her to pay off her debts before it's too late? Also to have any chance of a future with Melanie, Greyson knows that he will have to come clean with her but can she love a cold hearted killer?

As always with Katy Evans, this book is perfectly balanced and well written. I was sucked into the story from the first page and it didn't lose momentum throughout.

I'm off to read Ripped and Pandora's story. Catch you on the flip side!!!!

Reviewed on behalf of Jezabell Girl & Friends....
on 12 December 2014
It took me a little time to come round to this, I think it was because it wasn't riptide. I regret that now, this book is everything a passionate love story should be. He has been watching her for a long time, she has been seeing frogs looking for her Prince. No matter how dangerous being with her is, how it threatens her life and his; he cannot stay away. She gives him something that his father stole from him over a decade ago. Even when she finally knows the truth and Pandora convinces her he is all wrong she runs back to him and straight into danger.
on 17 January 2015
Read in a day.

I laid on the sofa feeling full of cold, tissues and lemsip on tap. Katy will make me feel better.

Melanie, the girl who won't leave the house unless she is wearing 3 colours. Greyson, the man who wears gloves, throws knives and captures the heart of a princess.

Hot sex. Scary men. Nice diamonds. Charades?

I wasn't as enthralled as I was with Remy and Brooke but still a lovely tale of true love conquering evil in true Katy style.
on 30 July 2014
Greyson king is hot as hell, dangerous and the bad boy that every girl need a in there life. He will fight till the end for you and tell you that he loves you at every chance. Katy you have done it again Rogue was well worth the wait. Love that we still got to read about Brooke and Remy.
on 18 May 2017
This book is about Mel ,
She's Brookes best mate .
Undegound fighting us where it starts
And when something has there sights on you
Your gunna be there's no matter what u think
on 6 August 2014
Rogue (Real #4) by Katy Evans
5 stars!!

“I’m living for two people. I’m trying to stuff into one lifetime what could fill two lives. So I get up every morning and put on my perfect face and promise myself to have the perfect day and to someday have the perfect family. But I’m failing.”

It was with great trepidation that I went into this book. It is no secret that I am a huge Katy Evans fan; I mean how could I not be after she gave me Remy! Remy is a resident on my BBF list and has been since the beginning, he was a character that I fell in love with and hold dear to my heart and one that I will never ever forget. So you can imagine my dilemma…I love Remy…surely Katy cannot do it again?

Enter Greyson King…another entry on the BBF list…right behind Remy. Yep she did it…these two are by no means similar, but Katy has managed to infiltrate my heart with another one of her characters, he really is that goody guy/bad boy, but the good far outweighs the bad and it is his fight to remain good that makes him even more lovable. I adored Greyson and if you haven’t done so already, you need to meet him!! Greyson, Greyson, Greyson, what can I say about him…he is dark, he is deadly, he is demanding, he is dominant but he is dreamy. He is a ten!!

“He’s a ten. I’ve never, ever been with a ten. And the way that he looks at me . . . I’ve seen that look before. The look that Remington Tate gives Brooke. That look. He’s giving it to me and I’m dying inside. Can I die from one look? And if one look can kill me, then what would one touch do?”

Melanie is one of Brooke’s best friends, in this book we get to understand her a whole lot more. She was one of those characters that I never really bonded with in Remy’s story but in this story you cannot help but fall in love with her. Once you get to understand the real “Melanie” you understand a whole lot more. Melanie is a fake, she comes across as that bubbly person that has the world at her feet and a life worth living, but nothing can be further from the truth. She sees herself as a let-down, especially to her family. She was given a gift, a gift that she feels she has never been able to live up to, a gift that she was never worthy of, but one that she was given anyway. She has so much pressure on her to be perfect, but it is a pressure that she feels she is failing at miserably. Her parents want to see her settled down, happily married, with 2.4 kids, trouble is, and she cannot even find a boyfriend that she can stick with. She envies what Remy and Brooke have, she wants that for herself, she has seen their relationship, the looks, the love and she wants that for herself, why settle, she believes in fairy tales and now she wants her happily ever after. One thing that Melanie does not consider, is you cannot help who you fall in love with, is Greyson King the man for her? Or is he just another one in the long line of dating disasters?

“I’m going to be everything you never wanted,”
“nothing that you need.”
“Sometimes my work will take me away, and I won’t call, and I’ll pee you off.”
“I’ll be selfish . I’ll take everything I want, whenever I want it. I’m not the man of your dreams, Melanie, I’m your worst nightmare.”

Sounds promising? Well, Greyson has secrets, but then so does Melanie, trouble is Melanie does not realise that her secrets are not so secret…is there more than meets the eye with Greyson? What exactly is he hiding? What is his connection?

Greyson is the heir to “The Underground,” he is dragged out of retirement by his father, he is their enforcer, their collector, their Zero and before his father can pass the reins over to Greyson, he needs all 48 debts called in. Greyson collects by any means necessary, he is stealthy, he is in and out, clean and quick. He gets the job done. He does not like the way his father operates, hence his retirement, he does not want The Underground but it soon becomes apparent he has no option. But this is his time to turn things around, make The Underground legit, he could if he had the right motivation…what more motivation does he need other than debt number 5?

“Because there’s no one as clean as you. Not even the fighters know who you are. Zero trace. You’re in, you’re out, no casualties, and a hundred percent success rate.”

I am not going to say any more about the story line, it needs to be read and you need to experience it for yourself. The chemistry and intensity that these two characters share is mind-blowing. From when they first met you felt it, it is palpable, it radiates off the page and hits you, pure lust, pure hunger, pure desperation, they need each other like you need air to breathe, it was primal. Their connection at times was overpowering, I felt it deep, and I couldn’t help the emotions. These two are both vulnerable in their own rights and even though their coupling at times was rough and desperate, Katy managed to show you those small slivers of love and it is those small slivers that makes you want to fight for them, will them on. But how can a relationship that has been built on lies and omissions survive?

I have to say that the growth in Katy’s writing is so apparent in this book, with this book Katy slowly but surely layers her characters, with depth, with passion and with emotion. It is this layering that endears you to them and by the time you come to the crux of the story you are in so deep, you couldn’t escape if you tried. The writing was flawless and once again captivating; from the first to last word I was lost, lost in The Underground, lost in Melanie and lost in Greyson. I lived and breathed this story, every thought, emotion, act, I was there and I really didn’t want it to end. As much as it pains me to say it, I never thought that Katy could top Real, I love that book, but for the sheer brilliance of this book I have to say that she may have just surpassed the unsurpassable in my eyes and that is no mean feat.

“Always you, just you. You may be zero in your world . . . but you’re everything to me.”

www.theromancecover.com
on 19 March 2015
Rogue is book #4 in the Real Series by Katy Evans, I read the first three books in the series ages ago and then got distracted by my blog and reading books for tours so this book kind of fell through the cracks.

Good lord what have I been missing out on!!!!

This book is literally so hot you will need to sit by a window. Your panties will be wet, your fella will think it’s amazing because I almost guarantee after finishing this book you be so horny you will be crawling all over him lol!!!

Melanie is a sweet girl, she likable and nice but if I’m completely honest she’s just background noise because all of my attention was focussed on the god that is GREYSON!!!

I feel like I need to take a minute of silence to appreciate the absolute genius that is Greyson.

….

Yep that worked, the dirty thoughts that are flashing through my mind whenever I even think about Greyson are brilliant lol!!!

Greyson is the perfect anti hero, I don’t care what anyone says all women love a bad boy and Greyson is the baddest of bad boys. Everything about him emanates danger and power until he’s around Melanie and then he is just the sexiest thing alive.

God the raw sexuality that flows from Greyson is unbelievable and to be completely honest the sex scenes in this book are so hot I melted into a puddle of horny desire. I have honestly never read a sexy anal scene until this book; Katy Evans is a filthy minded genius. She manages to make the sex raw and passionate, intense and real without being crude or overly explicit.

I LOVED this book, everything about it just worked for me. I loved the underlying tension that surrounded the Underground and Greyson’s family; I was waiting for it to all kick off, literally on the edge of my seat.

I loved Melanie’s influence on Greyson because he became the protector and the nurturer and I loved seeing that side of him.

I read this book front to back in a couple of riveted hours and it was brilliant!!!

Rogue gets 5 stars from me.
on 3 August 2014
I have loved everyone of Katy books but there was something about this books that a loved a little more. I love both Melanie and Greyson and loved finding out more about them. It was also good to see more of the other characters as well. I highly recommend this book you will love it
on 17 August 2014
This review isn't easy to write. I absolutely adore Katy Evans and have been in love with Remy's and Brooke's story since I first read "Real" and the two following books. The harder it is for me to admit that "Rogue" did not click that much with me. Maybe it a subconscious expectation to read something similar to "Real", but although I loved the story per se, it didn't give me the feels.

"Rogue" is about Brooke's best friend Melanie, who is searching for her Prince Charming, only to fall for Greyson, a guy who couldn't be farther from a prince if he tried. As both of them hide secrets from each other, his are the ones that could destroy them and the feelings that have been growing between them.

What made this book lose a lot of brownie points for me was the character of Melanie. I can honestly say that there wasn't a single moment I didn't want to choke her. She is a young woman who has vowed to live life happily and enjoy every moment, wanting to find Prince Charming and have a family. Instead, she goes from one one-night-stand to another and then is surprised to find that no guy sticks around. Really?!? She is basically living a lie and makes it seem like she is the victim of everyone else's expectations, while she is the one that makes herself miserable. I didn't find anything redeeming about her. She was self-centered and took her friends for granted. The fact that she didn't question the weird, elusive and secretive behavior of a man she just met and instead fell in love with him, which resulted in her thinking with her lady parts instead of her brain, made her seem like a blonde barbie - with the intelligence to match. I really tried to like and tried to find excuses for her behavior but there were none. And when she tried to use Riley and hurt his feelings, that made my blood boil something fierce. To me, she lacked depth and was as shallow as they come.

Thankfully, her character's faults were minimized by Greyson, who was so much more likeable despite being of questionable character. Growing up with a violent and well, psychotic father in the Underground Fighting Circuit, he has made a name for himself being a ruthless and heartless criminal. But it wasn't a role he took on willingly. Forced by his father's actions and the loss of the only person he loved, he did what he had to do to survive and get back what he lost. So although he is calculating, possessive, analytical and cold at times, he has feelings and emotions buried deep inside of him that are brought to the surface by Melanie. No matter how much he fights his feelings for her, he isn't successful at keeping them buried. Though he doesn't always make the right decisions, he has Melanie's best interests at heart and will do anything to protect her from the evil that surrounds him. He is intense and protective. He is all alpha with bottled up emotions that can erupt at any time like a volcano. And he is a saint for loving Melanie the way he does.

The story itself was good and intriguing. It was captivating and especially towards the end there were quite a few surprises in store. For my taste it focused a bit too much on the sex though at the expense of the relationship development between Melanie and Greyson. Especially with the secrets that Greyson was keeping from her, I would have like to see more of their interactions and heart-to-heart talks instead of them getting down-and-dirty. It is hard to see where their emotional connection comes from, which makes their relationship seem very superficial.

Overall, it is a good and intriguing story with an awesome writing style, that unfortunately, did not win my heart the way Remy and Brooke did.