Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop now Discover more Shop now

Size: Large|Change

on 17 October 2013
I'm a big fan of the flashbender. So when my last one went missing I replaced it straight away. I also thought I'd try the diffusion panel out so popped one of these into my basket too.

Basically this turns your flashbender into a small portable softbox. So does it work and is it value for money?

Yes, it works but given it's size it won't be as good as a proper softbox. The bigger the light source, the softer the light and this is where the flashbender is going to suffer because when all said and done, it's actually small for a softbox.

That said......it's light, collapses down in an instant and easy to set up. I usually end up mounting it on my flash then on a monopod so my assistant can hold it. It fits in my bag on top and takes next to no space.

As a wedding photographer this is a great addition to my bag. My kit bag is already bursting at the seams and something light yet effective is essential. This fits the bill very well.

No way I'd use this in a studio or an environment where I have more time to set lighting up properly. But when time matters and portability is key, this little softbox punches above it's weight.

Is it value for money? Compared with other products then yes...probably is. But is it value for what essentially is a very simple product? Not so sure. But hey...if you are into photography we're used to being charged a fortune for accessories. Suck it up.
on 3 February 2014
Provides great adjustable bounced lighting when a wall or ceiling isn't available. Obviously due to the size the lighting is not as soft as bouncing off a wall, but usefully different and softer than from a dome diffuser. Attaches securely to my SB700 bounce head without having to attach velcro, and can be used with the adapters and filters that come with the flash.
on 7 February 2015
This takes the Flashbender to the next level - and adding the Flashbender to a flashgun increases it's versatility enormously, already!

I've used the Flashbender without diffusion panel for a while, including for portraits - but the diffusion panel really does give a beautiful, soft light when bouncing light off nearby walls isn't an option.

Highly recommended.
on 28 January 2013
Ok - so it's not cheap for what it is, but it works - got some great images due to this and it fits in the bag easliy

wonderful to use with the flash as a fill light

BUT - remember you need to own the rogue flash bender to use this
on 31 July 2015
It works, subtle but there is a difference. Why didn't they design it so the bottom of the diffuser closes and all the way round the top. Light escapes from the top if you are not carefully spending a while modifying it each time you adjust the flash bender, and the bottom is just left open either side of the flash gun. I'm guessing this diffuser was an afterthought to their small flash bender and that's why they didn't have the velcro all the way round but still, if you are gonna design a new accessory, make the product it was designed for 100% suitable.
on 19 July 2015
I got the large version (bender+diffuser) to try it out and have got to admit, I love it. I thought initially it's pricey and maybe I should just use an umbrella or other small diffuser when I need something. Though when I started using this I started seeing how its such a great product (and you soon forget the cost). No loss of light like with an umbrella; very very compact so its always in the bag (can't say I'd do other products, and a napkin is never going to do the same job).
on 30 January 2016
Ok I bought this without realising that you need the rogueflashbender for it first. This is the diffusion panel which attaches to that part, which is the main reflector body. Maybe I was just being stupid, but it's probably not a hard mistake to made.

Quality wise, it diffuses light very nicely, but as with all rogue products, it's massively overpriced. The flashbender that it attaches to has a price which makes sense as there's a lot more to it in terms of materials.
on 19 May 2015
Looks ridiculous and does not improve light quality significantly. There are better modifier options for speedlites. For events like London Fashino Week where I need to be discreet a flash bracket/arm works best. When I am able to have something more intrusive such as an on location fashion editorial I go with the Westcott Rapidbox. Both give better results.
on 9 July 2013
Attaches to the front of Rogue large Flashbender to help diffuse the light.
Images do seem to improve the softness of the light when used close to the subject (off-camera flash for example).

It's simple to attach to the flashbender, using small velcro attachments.
Unsurprisingly, it's extremely light, and a useful addition, if you're already using the flashbender.
on 16 December 2013
It clips and velcro's onto the main flashbender unit. It adds a soft diffusion to the emitted light. There is a loop at the bottom so that the elasticated flash mount of the main flashbender passes through it to secure it in place. Works well. Happy Bunny.