Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
Rode Smartlav+ Lavalier Microphone for Smartphone
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The smartlav+ is a broadcast-grade wearable microphone designed for use in a wide range of film, television and broadcast scenarios, or wherever broadcast quality audio is required in a discreet, portable format without the complication and expense of additional wireless equipment.
- With the smartlav+ the user simply mounts the microphone on the talent, connects it to a smartphone or tablet headset jack and records via the rode rec app for ios, or any other audio app of their choice
- By employing a professional quality omni-directional condenser capsule the smartlav+ picks up sound equally from all around the microphone, allowing for versatility when mounting and ensuring a high degree of user-friendly operation.
- A foam pop shield is supplied to minimise wind noise and vocal plosives (hard 'b', 't' and 'p' sounds), as well as a durable mounting clip with in-built cable management. its kevlar reinforced cable ensures that you never stretch or snap your microphone under normal usage conditions.
- The smartlav+ is compatible with any audio app that accepts input from the headset connection, however it has been designed to pair perfectly with rode's rode rec app for apple ios devices. rode rec turns the user's ios device into a fully-featured field recorder, with a wide range of equalisation presets to suit various recording situations, in addition to professional editing functions and the ability to publish to soundcloud and dropbox direct from the app.
- Discrete 4.5mm miniature microphone
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The smartLav+ is a broadcast-grade wearable microphone designed for use in a wide range of film, television and broadcast scenarios, or wherever broadcast quality audio is required in a discreet, portable format without the complication and expense of additional wireless equipment.
1 x Rode Smartlav+
1 x LAV-CLIP
1 x WS-LAV
From the manufacturer
The Lavalier That Connects Directly To A Smartphone.
Featuring TRRS Connector, smartLav+ turns your smartphone into a mobile Lavalier Mic recorder.
smartLav+ includes useful accessories, quick start guide and drawstring storage pouch.
Compatible with iOS devices and select Android devices.
- Features gold-plated TRRS Connector
- Omni-directional polar pattern
- Frequency response 60Hz-18kHz
- Powered from iPhone TRRS socket (2.7V)
The Handiest Lavalier Around.
With TRRS Connector for Smart Phones.
Lapel (aka lavalier) microphones give close-up and consistent recordings on speech, where the subject is free to move around naturally. smartLav+ is a lavalier microphone you can connect directly to a smart phone and record - the ultimate in convenience, and all for an incredible price.
- For close, professional sounding speech recordings, straight to a smart phone.
- Includes clip, foam windshield, velcro cable tie and drawstring pouch.
- Remarkable value for money.
Features And Optional Accessories
Record Direct to iOS Devices
Using free RODE Rec app, make great speech recordings directly to iOS devices and export your recording wirelessly or wired in seconds.
Perfect Your Sound with RODE Rec
The free RODE Rec iOS app allows you to trim, polish and add effects to your recorded smartLav+ audio, right on your iPhone or iPad.
Improve Video Sound with smartLav+
smartLav+ can be used in conjunction with iOS and Android video apps for improved video audio.
Record to DSLR Cameras with Optional SC3 Cable
Using optional SC3 converter cable, smartLav+ can be connected directly to a DSLR camera or a portable recorder with 3.5mm input and 'plug in' power.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Showing 1-7 of 230 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Rode's ridiculous focus on Apple environment is truly annoying through eyes of Smartlav+ user. It is dedicated to those of you that have old apple phone (yes they support old ones only-it is all about jack :) ) - Rode app (paid!) is available on IOS only £5.99 sic!). I know you can always find better apps on Android and usually free or for a fraction of IOS equivalent price (i bought Rec Forge II pro for just over £2, it was 'expensive one'. I must say that native app was doing the job well, but I always want to squeeze all juice from my devices. It is not an issue though, Rode does not recommend any particular one for android. Why? What is the point of having good product for obsolete mobile devices? I do not follow Rode's philosophy.
Box and package. It comes with basic cardboard box (no tech specs on it , but I'll talk about it later). Inside there is attached a quick guide... If you expected quick guide about the product, you would be surprised. It is all about mount clip. Yes. mount clip only. Nothing about using the mic. No tech specs, no characteristics of the mic, nothing but clip. You can straight away see that the product and its users are not treated seriously by the producer. All the time you get impression, you got cheap leftover from great Rode's true offer (btw it is in fact costly product and we pay quite a lot in it for branding - manufacturing eng guy perspective).
The only way to get more info about specs is on their website (at least that).
Acoustic Principle Permanently Polarise
Active Electronics JFET
Address Type End
Frequency Range 60Hz - 18kHz
Output Impedance 3000Ω
Maximum SPL 110dBSPL
Maximum Output Level 189.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
Sensitivity -35.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (17.80mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) 27dBA
Dimensions 1180.00mmH x 4.50mmW x 4.50mmD
Output TRRS Output
Warranty 1 year
Since it is omni-directional condenser mic, you must be aware that it is capable of recording environment as you actually hear it. Remember you can learn to ignore some sounds, but microphone cannot. It will record your wall clock ticking , fridge, neighbours ... everything. Thus, you need app to cut off its sensitivity dramatically, so that it picks up only your voice and later you amplify it to suit your needs. It is not dynamic, nor one that focuses on one direction only mic-please check what you really need.
What annoys me is that they use meaningless phrases on the box, leaflet and adverts ('professional- grade', 'broadcast quality'... meaningless marketing only).
It is not pro grade product. But it is a high quality (sometimes too high) for beginners and above in audio/voice recording.
Cable length is ok (you get about 70cm of usable cable length, when excluding all necessary bends and loops) for average height person - you can hide your phone in front trousers pocket. I would not recommend it if you need to be further away from recording device (probably rare for such a basic product occasion, but have it in your mind before purchase), or if you are really tall and cannot hide phone in your jacket.
- always record in flight mode
-if on windows surface like device switch of system sound enhancements (recording device advanced properties settings).
-your phone or tablet or PC (if TRRS jack compatible) may see it as headset - you have to define it as recording device only and use other audio output (in some devices it is not that simple) for sound
To sum up, it is a very good microphone for its price, but only for people that spent some time setting up recording devices of are experienced in voice recording. If not- too expensive - you can get your results for less.
There is a lot of misleading marketing info (mainly from Rode itself) that could create unsupported expectations. Lack of any guidance or advice or app for users (the one for IOS can be ignored - supports devices that are not even manufactured anymore!).
Or buy it and play with it for a while - once you understood its properties, it will give you expected results... and will open your way for pro products :)
Great build quality and no need for a battery is a big plus. If money is not a concern, I recommend it. Otherwise, buy cheaper - you might even get better quality for much less.
Very disappointed with this purchase. and I will not change this review until RODE changes the description and stops this false advertising.
Good call! Seriously, anyone using a smartphone to produce videos (and that's a LOT of people) need to invest in a good-quality mike - probably a lavalier like this one.
I'm no mike expert, but I love the sound that this produces. Just plug it into the iPhone (or whatever) and enjoy crystal-clear sound. It transforms videos, seems really well made, comes with a carrying pouch and good instructions. If you're any distance from your subject, you'll need the SC1 extension cable.
Here's new review -sometimes you just have to own up to your own mistakes! Wrote this far too quickly. Rode did come back with some offered solutions inc getting Filmic Pro app. Will still consider this but needed it ty work with basic iPhone video (eg for Facebook Live). Then my stupidity struck me - I had left the mic socket in on playback. Even more annoying because I did exactly the same thing when I bought my mic for the desktop.
So I'm labouring the before and after in case anyone else attempts t of thre same thing. Bought an extension cable too and it is when the camera is a distance away from you, on a tripod, that the difference in sound is really noticeable.
Mic works really well or the price.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?