- Also check our best rated Wii U Game reviews
Rocksmith- includes Real Tone Cable (PC DVD)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Windows 7 / Vista
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: DVD-ROM
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Introducing the next stage in the evolution of the guitar game. Rocksmith is the first and only game where you can plug ANY real guitar into your console and actually LEARN while you PLAY.
Nothing plastic. Nothing fake. Just the most authentic guitar experience in music gaming. By plugging your electric guitar into your console, you’ll develop real skills and real styles while playing real music.
Featuring gameplay that automatically adjusts to your personal ability, and innovative game design that makes playing music visually intuitive, Rocksmith will engage experienced musicians as well as those who have never picked up a guitar before in their life.
You’ll unlock mini games to hone specific skills. You’ll be able to choose from a large catalogue of songs in different styles. And you’ll experience it all with an actual guitar. Nothing compares to playing a real guitar. Except playing Rocksmith.
The game will include the brand new Bass mode, offering players the opportunity to play bass guitar on all supported on-disc and downloadable songs.
Not only can players play the bass parts of songs, but bassists of all experience levels can also improve their skills with dedicated bass technique challenges and tutorial videos. Players can even use any 6-string guitar to emulate a 4-string bass. Tracking their learning has never been easier as bass progression is tracked separately from guitar progression.
Last but not least, all songs can be played in multiplayer with one person playing the bass part and the other the guitar part.
- When we say any guitar we mean any guitar: Whether it’s the guitar sitting in your attic that you have forgotten about up till now, or the guitar you are yet to buy, Rocksmith lets you plug any guitar into your console or computer. Electric guitar or electro-acoustic, as long as your guitar has a jack, you can play. And get plugged in right away as Rocksmith comes with a unique quarter-inch jack to USB cable!
- Get Plugged In: Rocksmith will include a unique quarter-inch to USB cable that is the first of its kind, and will allow users to plug any real guitar with a quarter-inch jack directly into their Xbox 360®, PlayStation 3®, or PC. Developed exclusively for Rocksmith, this guitar cable is 11.25' and turns the guitar’s signal from analog to digital, allowing it to be recognised and played through video game consoles for the first time.
- Real time adjustment levels: from beginner to rock god!: You love a challenge, but hate being overwhelmed. Rocksmith understands this, and knows exactly how far to push to keep you entertained. With addictive gameplay that adapts continuously to your personal skill level, you will automatically progress from single notes to complex chords at your own pace. Eventually you’ll be playing 100% of the actual guitar parts from the songs and the game will challenge you to step away from the notes on screen and play songs from memory. Imagine that. A video game that will get you stage-ready.
- Bursting with Hits: One of the most satisfying moments for any guitar player is hearing yourself play your favourite song for the first time. Rocksmith has amassed an amazing library of songs from different music genres allowing players to experience those moments first hand. Whether you like classic rock bands such as The Rolling Stones, The Cure, Lynrd Skynrd or if you’re more into current chart-toppers such as The Strokes, Muse, Radiohead and The XX, we have you covered. And with our growing tracklist from metal to indie rock available for download, you will always find a song that suits your mood.
- There’s always a way to develop your guitar skills and overcome your difficulties: Having troubles with the solo of your favourite song? The riff-repeater option is your saviour. It will isolate the song part of your choice, and let you repeat it over and over … until you eventually ace it! Want to improve your finger dexterity? Learn chords? Improve scales? For all of these and more, there’s a specific mini-game that will help you get it in Guitarcade. Rocksmith will turn your guitar into a controller, for instance, while shooting ducks in the Ducks mini-game you’ll actually be learning how to shift from fret to fret without even realising!
- Turn your TV or computer into an amplifier: No need for an amplifier anymore, with Rocksmith your TV or your computer IS your amplifier and will let you try and play with loads of in-game pedals, amplifiers and cabinets. String pedals together with nearly infinite combinations and tweak your sound until you’re satisfied. Whether it’s a crunchy distortion, a vintage tremolo or a psychedelic reverb, we have it covered to make sure you can achieve the sound you’re looking for.
- Play in multiplayer: Plug in a second guitar to go head-to-head with friends to see who can earn the highest score, or have fun playing cooperatively as lead and rhythm guitars. Also, all songs can be played in multiplayer with one person playing the bass part and the other the guitar part.
- Brand new Bass mode: The game will include the brand new Bass mode, offering players the opportunity to play bass guitar on all supported on-disc and downloadable songs. Not only can players play the bass parts of songs, but bassists of all experience levels can also improve their skills with dedicated bass technique challenges and tutorial videos. Players can even use any 6-string guitar to emulate a 4-string bass. Tracking their learning has never been easier as bass progression is tracked separately from guitar progression.
- Best Coast - When I'm with You
- Blur - Song 2
- Cream - Sunshine of Your Love
- Dan Auerbach - Want Some More
- David Bowie - Rebel Rebel
- Eric Clapton - Run Back to Your Side
- Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
- Incubus - I Miss You
- Interpol - Slow Hands
- Jarvis Cocker - Angela
- Jenny O.Well - Ok Honey
- Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
- Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way
- Little Barrie - Surf Hell
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- Muse - Plug In Baby
- Muse - Unnatural Selection
- Nirvana - Breed
- Nirvana - In Bloom
- Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
- Queens of the Stone Age - Go with the Flow
- Radiohead - High and Dry
- Rapscallions - California Brain
- Red Fang - Number Thirteen
- Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook
- Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
- Soundgarden - Outshined
- Spoon - Me and the Bean
- Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between the Lines
- Taddy Porter - Mean Bitch
- The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
- The Black Keys - I Got Mine
- The Black Keys - Next Girl
- The Boxer Rebellion - Step Out of the Car
- The Cribs - We Share the Same Skies
- The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
- The Dead Weather - I Can't Hear You
- The Horrors - Do You Remember
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- The Rolling Stones - Play with Fire
- The Rolling Stones - The Spider and the Fly
- The Strokes - Under Cover of Darkness
- The White Stripes - Icky Thump
- Titus Andronicus - A More Perfect Union
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Good Enough
- Velvet Revolver - Slither
- White Denim - Burnished
- Yellow Moon Band - Chimney
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The latency or lag in this game is the biggest gamebreaker and is simply awful. And I am calling it just a game rather than teaching tool. When you hit the string on the guitar there is a tiny delay before hearing the note in the game. This makes the whole game almost unplayable as it throws your timing right off. Fast passages become nearly impossible to time correctly. I've been playing guitar for 23 years and this sort of thing is ridiculous. Two things that did help were changing the rocksmith.ini lines MaxOutputBufferSize 152 and LatencyBuffer 1. Also I had to bypass my expensive Xonar ST sound card and use onboard Realtek audio to get the latency down as low as I could. Still it's far from ideal but better than it was.
The fact that you cannot use your own equipment to connect your guitar is a bad choice, which leaves your only option being the crap Realtone cable and it's latency issues.
The way Rocksmith wants you to play the notes in several songs is WRONG. They are simplified versions. So this is not a tool for learning how to play the songs properly or exactly.
The Rocksmith shop in game doesn't work and just hangs there loading. To buy additional DLC you have to get them from Steam and they cost roughly £2.69 per track or buy a pack of 5 or 6 for nearly a tenner. That's more than an album would cost. Too expensive!!
The built in tuner is crap and only gets you roughly in tune. It also pops up to tune your guitar EVERY single time you try to play something even if you're perfectly in tune. EXTREMELY ANNOYING!
Also the interface and main gameplay screen could be much improved if Ubisoft put their mind to it. As it is, it's a confusing mess and hard to tell which frets are which. Bends aren't clearly displayed. Sometimes notes aren't registered and there are issues with palm mutes. The guitar neck defaults upside down as well so you have to find the option to switch it the right way up.
Overall, a little bit of fun can be had if you persevere and can get the latency low enough, but for learning guitar properly it's just not very good at all. There are so many niggles and bugs. It has so much potential but at the moment, nah. It's just a toy. Better luck next time.
I got this in the sale for £19.99 with cable so not that bothered. If I'd paid full price I'd have sent it back.
There are some minor things that have bothered me, but not enough to spoil the 6/5 stars (!) that this game deserves: 1.) In extremely rare occasions the detection does not work 100%. I have experienced playing the correct note and the system recognizing the neighboring one - but this was very seldom. 2.) The time to repeat a song or exercise takes a few seconds more than necessary and you have to go through some clicks before you can repeat. 3.) I would like for some songs to have a "preview" before actually playing it - I assume that this is not included, because the system adjusts automatically to how well you play it, but the preview could contain all combinations appropriate for the level of the player. 4.) I would like to be able to select the complexity in some cases and turn off the "automatic adaptation" to my playing - just to explore the full version of the song for instance. 5.) Finally, I must say that I was bothered by the fact that I bought a DVD and still had to wait for hours for software to download. I am a mac user and the only PC I have is off network (because for whatever reasons I do not trust PCs on the net...), so having to connect in order to have all features the game available is not really a thrilling experience for me... On the other hand, most important functions and music are available in the offline mode, too, and I am often using it as well.
Most recent customer reviews