- Also check our best rated Xbox 360 Game reviews
Rocksmith and Epiphone Les Paul Junior Guitar (Xbox 360)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Platform: Xbox 360
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
Platform: Xbox 360
This game & guitar pack of Rocksmith includes 6 additional tracks to download for free (internet connection required). The tracks are:
- 3 Doors down – Kryptonite
- B.B. King – The Thrill is Gone
- Megadeth – Hangar 18
- Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks
- Pat Benatar – Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- T-Rex – 20th Century Boy
Nothing plastic. Nothing fake. Just the most authentic guitar experience in music gaming. By plugging your electric guitar into your console, you’ll develop real skills and real styles while playing real music.
Featuring gameplay that automatically adjusts to your personal ability, and innovative game design that makes playing music visually intuitive, Rocksmith will engage experienced musicians as well as those who have never picked up a guitar before in their life.
Everything you need to get started is in the Rocksmith bundle. This guitar kit is the complete, affordable option for new guitar players who want the high quality that Epiphone guitars are known for. It includes the Rocksmith video game, the popular Epiphone Les Paul Jr. Guitar, the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable, the Rocksmith guitar strap and two guitar picks!
The game will include the brand new Bass mode, offering players the opportunity to play bass guitar on all supported on-disc and downloadable songs.
Not only can players play the bass parts of songs, but bassists of all experience levels can also improve their skills with dedicated bass technique challenges and tutorial videos. Players can even use any 6-string guitar to emulate a 4-string bass. Tracking their learning has never been easier as bass progression is tracked separately from guitar progression.
Last but not least, all songs can be played in multiplayer with one person playing the bass part and the other the guitar part.
- When we say any guitar we mean any guitar: Whether it’s the guitar sitting in your attic that you have forgotten about up till now, or the guitar you are yet to buy, Rocksmith lets you plug any guitar into your console or computer. Electric guitar or electro-acoustic, as long as your guitar has a jack, you can play. And get plugged in right away as Rocksmith comes with a unique quarter-inch jack to USB cable!
- Get Plugged In: Rocksmith will include a unique quarter-inch to USB cable that is the first of its kind, and will allow users to plug any real guitar with a quarter-inch jack directly into their Xbox 360®, PlayStation 3®, or PC. Developed exclusively for Rocksmith, this guitar cable is 11.25' and turns the guitar’s signal from analog to digital, allowing it to be recognised and played through video game consoles for the first time.
- Real time adjustment levels: from beginner to rock god!: You love a challenge, but hate being overwhelmed. Rocksmith understands this, and knows exactly how far to push to keep you entertained. With addictive gameplay that adapts continuously to your personal skill level, you will automatically progress from single notes to complex chords at your own pace. Eventually you’ll be playing 100% of the actual guitar parts from the songs and the game will challenge you to step away from the notes on screen and play songs from memory. Imagine that. A video game that will get you stage-ready. Bursting with Hits: One of the most satisfying moments for any guitar player is hearing yourself play your favourite song for the first time. Rocksmith has amassed an amazing library of songs from different music genres allowing players to experience those moments first hand. Whether you like classic rock bands such as The Rolling Stones, The Cure, Lynrd Skynrd or if you’re more into current chart-toppers such as The Strokes, Muse, Radiohead and The XX, we have you covered. And with our growing tracklist from metal to indie rock available for download, you will always find a song that suits your mood.
- There’s always a way to develop your guitar skills and overcome your difficulties: Having troubles with the solo of your favourite song? The riff-repeater option is your saviour. It will isolate the song part of your choice, and let you repeat it over and over … until you eventually ace it! Want to improve your finger dexterity? Learn chords? Improve scales? For all of these and more, there’s a specific mini-game that will help you get it in Guitarcade. Rocksmith will turn your guitar into a controller, for instance, while shooting ducks in the Ducks mini-game you’ll actually be learning how to shift from fret to fret without even realising!
- Turn your TV or computer into an amplifier: No need for an amplifier anymore, with Rocksmith your TV or your computer IS your amplifier and will let you try and play with loads of in-game pedals, amplifiers and cabinets. String pedals together with nearly infinite combinations and tweak your sound until you’re satisfied. Whether it’s a crunchy distortion, a vintage tremolo or a psychedelic reverb, we have it covered to make sure you can achieve the sound you’re looking for.
- Play in multiplayer: Plug in a second guitar to go head-to-head with friends to see who can earn the highest score, or have fun playing cooperatively as lead and rhythm guitars. Also, all songs can be played in multiplayer with one person playing the bass part and the other the guitar part.
- Brand new Bass mode: The game will include the brand new Bass mode, offering players the opportunity to play bass guitar on all supported on-disc and downloadable songs. Not only can players play the bass parts of songs, but bassists of all experience levels can also improve their skills with dedicated bass technique challenges and tutorial videos. Players can even use any 6-string guitar to emulate a 4-string bass. Tracking their learning has never been easier as bass progression is tracked separately from guitar progression.
- Best Coast - When I'm With You
- Blur - Song 2
- Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- Dan Auerbach - Want Some More
- David Bowie - Rebel Rebel
- Eric Clapton - Run Back To Your Side
- Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
- Incubus - I Miss You
- Interpol - Slow Hands
- Jarvis Cocker - Angela
- Jenny O.Well - Ok Honey
- Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody
- Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way
- Little Barrie - Surf Hell
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- Muse - Plug In Baby
- Muse - Unnatural Selection
- Nirvana - Breed
- Nirvana - In Bloom
- Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
- Queens Of The Stone Age - Go With The Flow
- Radiohead - High And Dry
- Rapscallions - California Brain
- Red Fang - Number Thirteen
- Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook
- Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
- Soundgarden - Outshined
- Spoon - Me and the Bean
- Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between the Lines
- Taddy Porter - Mean Bitch
- The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
- The Black Keys - I Got Mine
- The Black Keys - Next Girl
- The Boxer Rebellion - Step Out of the Car
- The Cribs - We Share the Same Skies
- The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
- The Dead Weather - I Can't Hear You
- The Horrors - Do You Remember
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- The Rolling Stones - Play With Fire
- The Rolling Stones - The Spider and the Fly
- The Strokes - Under Cover of Darkness
- The White Stripes - Icky Thump
- Titus Andronicus - A More Perfect Union
- Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Good Enough
- Velvet Revolver - Slither
- White Denim - Burnished
- Yellow Moon Band - Chimney
- Epiphone Les Paul Junior Guitar
- Rocksmith software
- Rocksmith Real Tone Cable
- 2 Rocksmith picks
- Rocksmith Guitar strap
The Epiphone Les Paul Junior is an iconic solid body electric guitar first introduced back in 1954 and has remained a standard bearer of rock guitar ever since. The Les Paul Junior has been used extensively over the decades by music legends John Lennon, Peter Frampton, Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong and The Clash’s Mick Jones and bands such as The Gaslight Anthem and New York Dolls.
It will also include the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable and be the ideal package for those who have always wanted to play but don’t own a guitar yet.
Top customer reviews
The game and guitar is easily setup. My guitar came with severely slack strings but it is very easily tuned using the in game tutorial and tuner. Note that ANY guitar with a 6mm output can be used with this game
The game itself is quite interesting in the way it dynamically changes according to your skill level, if you're a beginner it will start you out playing the simplest of notes on one string during songs, then two, then all 6 and then finally onto cords and more advanced playing techniques. Progression is very slow so that you are adequate at the easy stuff before it throws more advanced stuff at you. Don't expect to have Bruce Lee guitar king fu within a few days/weeks, this is going to take a long time with lots of practice.
There are plenty of mini games that are designed around learning new finger techniques and working your way around the fret board. My personal favourite is called Ducks which is like a take on space invaders where you pick a note and it corresponds to a laser. There are more but they require a more advanced play style so I haven't unlocked them yet.
My big grumble with these types of games is usually the song selection, with Rocksmith its a really good selection with variation for learning different styles and techniques, there is also a lot of DLC planned (fingers crossed for Maiden, Dio + Led Zep). The only real downside of this pack is that it should have come with a guitar stand as well as the guitar is a proper instrument not just a plastic toy.
I've gave the game 4/5 for fun because although it is fun it can be very frustrating when you get it wrong and hand cramps are a certainty...
I paid £125 for mine, I see it's already dropped slightly, in my opinion its worth the buy unless you already have a guitar then go for the game and cable only.
The game will not teach you to read TAB or any form of music unless it happens to involve different coloured blocks flying towards you at a screen, but in terms of teaching you techniques and implementing them into the songs you play, I could not be happier. With it's adaptive difficulty that changes as you play, beginners will find themselves learning quickly.
The best way to learn I've found is to use the game alongside teaching yourself to read TAB, as I am on an acoustic.
Fantastic game that works as a tutor program and even finds ways to make practicing scales, chords and other techniques that require time and patience fun with minigames.
Would recommend completely for anyone aspiring to learn the guitar
Apparently you need to watch out for the PC version as someone has duplicated the product keys. I recommended this to a friend who has had this problem and I think he would give it a 3 at best because of this.
Most recent customer reviews