4 Big guy stars

Listened to this on Audio and it was good, the characters suited the narrators voices there was bits of music between chapters it was really good.

Both Deacon and Harper are both mature characters. Despite this being a rockstar read Deacon is sensible and definitely not a manwhore like his other band mates he falls heart first for Harper, he just has to prove he's not like the rest.

Harper is a catering chef with the touring bands and grew up with groupie parents, she's seen how rockstars are and the last person she would ever see her self falling for is said rockstar.

It's a great read with likeable characters, hot,humorous,fun and looking like a fab series to follow.

Will read more from this series.
on 22 May 2015
I am on the third book of this series now, and cant wait to continue with the story. The guys and girl that form Oblivion come from different backgrounds with their own unique talents. They are, it goes without saying, all incredibly hot too! This first book explores Deacon, who plays rhythm guitar. Oh my. Deacon....... Not your average big ego rock star, this guy is deep, sincere, says what he means and means what he says. His unrelenting perusal of Harper - a chef who is catering for the bands on tour (another good angle to come from) is so beautifully full-on and meaningful, that you could not possibly turn this guy down. Not that you would ever want to......
Big, muscled and with a heart of gold - this guy is a full-on fantasy, and Harper is one lucky girl! There are inevitable problems along the way - not to mention Band politics which nearly wreck everything, but there is a beautiful, beautiful conclusion. I am still hung-over from this couple, but the next in the series is hotting up too. Beautifully written, with just the write amount of detail, but at a pace that keeps you turning pages. Please read this, you will absolutely not be disappointed!
on 1 August 2015
I love rock stars and this book doesn't let you down.

You will follow oblivion on their tour with rebel rage across the country and there climb to fame.
Deacon McCoy is a built like a brick house but has a heart of gold and his not into groupies he loves to play and nothing will stop him.
Harper lee is the on site chef to the bands and has grown up in Thai environment after leaving college she has started on the tour bus and is happily living her life.
That's until they see each other and the chemistry flows between them.

It's a well written love story that will make you say the cushy sounds like arggghhhhh and ohhhhh.
My only disappointment was the ending how it's jumped from the scene in the bedroom to the very end ( both spoiling it for you )

A well deserved 4*
on 7 February 2015
I saw a recommendation on a blog and couldn't resist, I love rock star romance books, I like them gritty and this book certainly ticks that box. Different from other books in this genre because of the unexpected events (which I won't go into for spoilers) it turned into a really pleasing read. Don't get me wrong the book still has ample romance and hot sex scenes but the story has far more substance.

Deacon is on tour with his band, moving from town to town supporting a bigger band and enjoying increasing success. Harper is a chef keeping a constant supply of food for the hungry stars and roadies when a chance meeting with Deacon over a chicken salad leaves her questioning her dislike for musicians. Both let their guards down and learn that other people may not be as they seem.

The characters are brilliant and the plot line is so addictive I couldn't put the book down until I'd read it. I can't wait to read more from this author.
on 17 December 2015
This book had blue fire of sizzling passion running between the romantic pairing but I felt sometimes they were too lusty to be realistic, particularly in work settings. In addition, I felt the book was concluded too quickly without a satisfying end to the story arc. Some of this may be due to the length of the book, which could have been shorted to avoid some of the added not-much-happens time at the end. However, I loved the couple in this book and enjoyed reading a road-life, rock and roll romance with added strawberry chocolate (nom!).
on 24 March 2015
Long drawn out story with a five minute race to the end where everything turned out ok. I didn't feel anything for Deacon especially after being described as not the best looking member of the band, kinda made me think he looked like David Grhol (who does nowt for me). Apart from Jazz n Gray I didn't care for the rest of the band. Found the date n times weird in the chapters as they served no purpose. Scenes seemed to take place and people suddenly be present when not mentioned before, some grammar was wrong too and the writing didn't flow, this could be because it was written by 2 diff people. Don't need to read any of the other books. If I want a rock star I'll stick with Kellan Kyle.
on 23 April 2014
So the first 60% of this book was a definite 3 stars from me. The last 40% however was amazing and well worth 5 stars. My gripe with the first half of the book was the constant repetition that Deacon was a big guy and Harper didn't want to date a musician as she didn't trust them. I felt like it cropped up in each chapter and honestly it was getting irritating. But then at around the 60% mark this book took off and I loved it. I highly recommend this series and can't wait for more on Oblivion.
on 2 December 2015
One of the best catchy books written in this chick lit style. Way longer than most as well. Lasted me a long weekend not just a days reading. Definitely interested in the next in the series if it's as long as this one. Great characters few ups and downs towards the end. As well as the obligatory hot n steamy scenes.
on 29 March 2015
I enjoyed this. Okay so there are a lot of mentions about height, and just as many of "don't wanna get involved with him", but it was a fun read. To be honest it read like a teen book apart from the sex. I think it would do better without the sex and marketed directly to female teens.....
on 10 January 2016
I loved this book from start to finish.

I loved the characters and the story.

Can't wait to read the rest of the series.