Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 4 December 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I really liked the scenario of self-aware robots and the implications. A good read with plenty of twists and turns I could not have predicted. It was really well thought through and well-researched, especially in terms of how the robots could relate to their environment. The author clearly has a knowledge of the area he writes about, and the foreword certainly indicates this. But the focus is not on the science but on the developing relationships, politics, and intrigue revolving around a family run business, the experience of the individual robots which are their products, and a family that just does not know what it has let itself in for! I have said enough. I can't say more without leaving any spoilers, so you will just have to read it yourself! Enjoy!
on 15 January 2014
I thought this book might be too sci-fiction for me - but I totally love it - it reminds me of Michael Crichton novels - so that can't be bad ! It would be suitable for teenagers also as has a futuristic story-line that would appeal to them, although I would really recommend this novel to anyone as it has a very broad appeal .
on 25 December 2013
I found this a facinating read. The personalities of the robots seemed to me believable and captivating. I couldn't put it down. There was just the right mix of drama and suspense. I am not usuallly a Sci-fi reader however this has got me hooked. A mixture of pathos and feel-good.
on 25 January 2014
Clever, original, refreshing. Inteligent.
Well done.
The author knows his subject matter which is a must.
Yes, robots like red.
on 26 February 2014
Nothing wrong with this book, I liked it. it takes the three laws of robotics and fills in the gaps between them. It makes you think about sentience in an artificial lifeform. Is it a machine that thinks or does it truly have a sense of 'being'. This book can make you ponder about how you might react to a machine that has it's own desires but which mainly consist of a desire to serve you and you alone. Take a faithful dog, for example, it looks to you for instruction, comfort, food, and is generally happy just being with you. Now take that dog and give it a sense of existence with it's own desires and then try to imagine how it must feel.

This book gives you every reason to decide that AI robots must never look remotely human.
on 21 January 2014
This book is a steal as it is worth way more than I bought it for! I didn't know what to expect but I like to read a wide variety of novels and I wasn't disappointed at all. In fact, I wish I could read this for the first time again. The plotline is richly developed and more believable, lifelike even, than you would expect a sci-fi story to seem. Similarly to other reviewers, I found the characters to completely come to life and when I finished this book - without giving it all away - I did wonder, 'What if?'
on 3 January 2014
This book is well worth reading, you will not be disappointed. The author captures your imagination and writes about a family dealing with its own emotional tragedy,what it is like for a robot; with very detailed descriptions of the robots thoughts and The company who brought the robots into existence. I recommend you read this story for yourself.
on 18 July 2014
Brilliant story, just as you expect robots to progress to 'awareness' although they would only be as aware as their inventor, and only God's perfect. Being a sci-fi nut, I couldn't put it down once I started.
on 26 January 2014
I loved this book...I was captivated from the first chapter...Excellent read,I loved the characters of the Robots.......put this on your 'To do list'
on 31 July 2015
A well written, thoughtful and charming book about the psychological and emotional development of robots. I recommend it highly to anyone who enjoys a good sci-fi novel. Personally, I think this novel would form the basis of an interesting film/movie.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse