Robot Ethics: The Ethical and Social Implications of Robotics (Intelligent Robotics & Autonomous Agents Series) (Intelligent Robotics and Autonomous Agents series) Paperback – 18 Feb 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The book is an excellent primer on ethics and philosophy. It is definitely accessible to an undergraduate student--perhaps in the context of an undergraduate engineering ethics course. It is also a valuable reference for roboticists, providing an awareness of the social concerns related to their research." -- R. S. Stansbury, " Choice"
About the Author
Patrick Lin is a philosopher and Director of the Ethics + Emerging Sciences Group, based at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. Keith Abney is a philosopher of science and Senior Lecturer at California Polytechnic State University. George A. Bekey is Professor Emeritus in Computer Science at University of Southern California and Distinguished Professor of Engineering at California Polytechnic State University.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
*If you don't know too much about robotics and AI read a Wikipedia page or some other outlining (free) material before you read this book as I believe it could help you get the most out of this book.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Reference & Education > Ethics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Artificial Intelligence
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Robotics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy