- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Robinson in Ruins [DVD & Blu-ray]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£15.89 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
ROBINSON IN RUINS (DVD + Blu-ray)
A film by Patrick Keiller
Patrick Keiller's latest essay-film in his Robinson series (London and Robinson in Space) combines ironic, witty denunciation of society's domination by markets with homage to the wonders of the biosphere.
Newly released from prison, mysterious would-be scholar Robinson has been haunting the Oxfordshire countryside with a ciné camera. A few months later, film cans and a notebook are discovered in a derelict caravan: the results of his search for the origins of capitalist catastrophe in the English landscape. Researchers assemble the material as a film, narrated by their institution's co-founder (voiced by Vanessa Redgrave).
- Standard Definition and High Definition presentation of main feature (DVD & Blu-ray)
- Optional effects-only soundtrack
- Panel discussion: Patrick Keiller, Doreen Massey, Patrick Wright and Matthew Flintham, on their project The Future of Landscape and the Moving Image (2011, 15 mins, DVD only)
- Original theatrical release trailer (DVD only)
- Downloadable PDF of Doreen Massey's essay Landscape/space/politics (DVD only)
- Fully illustrated booklet with introduction by Patrick Keiller, essay by Doreen Massey, and review by Mark Fisher
UK | 2010 | colour | English language, optional feature hard-of-hearing subtitles | 101 minutes | Original aspect ratio 1.78:1
Disc 1: BD25 | 1080p | 24fps | PCM mono audio (48k/16-bit)
Disc 2: DVD9 | PAL | PCM mono audio (48k/16-bit)
Region 0 PAL DVD
Region free Blu-ray
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Keiller's films are not for everyone (they are fiercely intellectual to the point where they can easily alienate an audience, and can be very difficult to concentrate on if you are not in the right mood), but for those who understand his political agenda and are open to his obscure literary, cultural, and scientific references, his work can be profoundly rewarding. However, I repeat; Patrick Keiller is very far from being an easily accessible filmmaker, so if you try this, do so with a very open mind.