Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.26 UK delivery
Robin Williams - Live on Broadway [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
- 1. Not Your Normal Night at the Theatre/July 14th 2002 in One Nation Under Canada
- 2. Party Like Its 1955/Sit on Santas Lap/Halfpipe Means Something
- 3. Cats and Drag Queens/White Powder and a Cure/Something Awful is Going to Happen/Prince Alberts Last Wish/Not Just a Sin
- 4. Get Out of That Fokker/Blair, Bush, Ashcroft, a Dead Man and Lassie
- 5. Fundamentalists, Psychopaths, Infidels, Virgins, Raisins, the Continental Congress and a Cab Driver
- 6. Episcopals, Puritans and the Word/Moses, Pharoah and New York Rats/To Jerusalem and Then Miami
- 7. Joe, Im Pregnant/Jesus Christ/Chocolate Bunnies and Coloured Eggs/Choose Your Diaper Daddy
- 8. Dont Go Ding Dong, You Asshole/Hello, Americans!/What Was That Noise/The Atomic Bang/Rocket Science/Happy Hour
- 9. A Gopher Hole
- 10. Wasps and Their Last Domain
- 11. F*** it All/Im a Chia Pet/Ping Pong and the Ugly Koala
- 12. Maybe its Because Im 50/A Doctor, a Glove and an Evinrude
- 13. Harder Than Chinese Algebra
- 14. South of the Border
Sharper and deeper than Robin Williams's previous road material, Live on Broadway is a mature comedian's view of all things to do with power, prejudice and paranoia in the 21st century. On the anthrax scare of 2001: "The Senate cleared out of their building but told the rest of us 'Get on with your normal lives'!" On his solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict over Jerusalem: "Time share!" On the pitfalls of America's deepening alliance with Britain: "The House of Commons is like Congress with a two-drink minimum". A viewer may have to slog through Williams's tedious breast fetishism, but patience is quickly rewarded with bitchy takes on Martha Stewart facing prison, solid satire about French existentialist judges at the Olympics and subversive op-eds about the Bush administration's inability to clarify terrorist threats to the public ("Has the CIA become the Central Intuitive Agency?"). --Tom Keogh
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Robin Williams is...Robin Williams.
The DVD features an interview with Robin Williams and Marty Caliner, the director of the Show "Live On Broadway", a behind the scenes and an incredible Easter Egg, that will make you laugh `till your mouth starts burning and your facial muscles star aching.
This is by far one of the most valuable DVDs of my huge collection.
Since I bought it I've seen it more than 10 times. Stand Up Comedy at it's best!
If you are easily offended and are looking for clean humor, this one is not for you. On the other hand if you are looking for pure talent and a well of one liners, then this is highly recommended.
What followed was one of the best stand up sets I've seen in a long time. It's difficult to tell you what Williams covers in this video because he talks about everything ! Religion, Anthrax, World Cup, Bush, War, Fake breasts and so much more. If you ever seen him interviewed you know how manic he is...on stage he's like a hurricane. You feel tired just watching him.
Slight word of warning though, It does help if you have a brief knowledge of current American culture as some of the references may pass you by. However don't let this worry you because I gurantee you that during the 2 hour set you will find something that will make you laugh.
( i paraphrase -As Robbie Burns wrote200 years ago-
''Oh would the power the give us the gift to see ourselves as others see us'.....Robin Williams did that..... in spades....and paid the price of the sensitive soul in doing it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is Robin Williams doing stand up comedy.
What else needs to be said??
Probably the best of Robin, after losing a true legend of comedy, this would be the finest stand up show for years to come, a must watchPublished 13 months ago by gamer01
A bit rude but so funny. Robin Williams was a master at stand up comedy. Always been a fan - not let down by this at all.Published 16 months ago by sheilalawrie