on 15 March 2016
I bought this radio in September 2013. It worked fine for a year. Then a problem developed. When you're happily listening to something on it, the volume goes berserk, and rushes upto maximum, deafening you. It becomes uncontrollable and no buttons work. You can get back control of the device only if you eject the batteries and re-insert them. After a short while the volume goes crazy again. You have hardly any time to enjoy the music, you are so busy dealing with the mad volume. This cycle goes on and on. Nothing resolves the problem. Don't buy this radio, yours could have the same problem as mine. Why buy silly FM radios anyway when there is wifi and radio apps make listening in digital so much better?
on 12 December 2016
I use this to get a commentary on live sports events, usually cycle races, while I am waiting for them to arrive. The product feels lovely and smooth, with all the features of the best. This fits into the mobile phone packet of my coat.
on 2 July 2017
Over a period of time i have purchased two of these radios,After a period of time they have a mind of their own,the radio locks,you have to reset the clock before you can use,also the volume goes from 0 to 30 or reverse when it wants,sometimes you are better off removing batteries then replace them.I contacted ROBERTS regarding fault,their reply was that they would charge me £24 to find the fault on their product,Some customer service,I don't think .so if you purchase this radio enjoy until it starts acting up on you..
on 15 September 2014
I have had 2 of these radios now, I wanted them for my morning commute. In both cases they stopped working within 6 months. The 2nd one is especially disappointing as it went during the World Cup. In order to guarantee it wasn't the way I was storing it, when I bought the 2nd, as a replacement for the 1st, I got a hard pouch for safety but alas the same thing happened. I will go back to buying the cheap throwaway ones from my local supermarket then at least when / if they break I'm not out of pocket.
on 23 June 2017
really pleased with this one, just have to be sensible with the auto cut off, give it a few seconds before turning it back on, and don't use the lock button, it works, but just causes trouble, the sound is very good, although the supplied headphones were not for me, nothing to do with quality, just don't like the fit on my ears, prefer in ear or over ear
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 20 December 2016
We've had one of these for a couple of years, and it's worked well. Have just ordered another for a Christmas present. It's a good buy.
on 18 June 2010
The Roberts 995 is a smart looking radio but, for me, that's as far as it goes. Recently when I used it on a train journey the reception was very poor. I compare the Roberts with the Sony SRF-M95 that I had for about 5 years until it was damaged. The Sony worked far better on train/bus journeys. It may be that the Roberts 995 has a fault. I'll see over the coming weeks. I tried the Roberts when out for a walk in the local park and, again, the reception was rather poor, e.g. on Radio 4 FM. I've tried different headsets, to see if a different cable (which acts as the aerial) gave a better reception but it didn't.
on 22 July 2016
Anniversary.

One year today, and the Roberts Sports 995 is an ex-radio.

My second Roberts radio where the ear phone attachment has collapsed into the radio.

Not good value for £35.

No more Roberts for me :)

Regards
David Roberts (no irony intended)
on 5 December 2016
Brilliant radio for the commute every day. Batteries last ages.
on 12 May 2017
This radio is now broken again. It will not switch on. (This is a replacement for the original one purchased) It has only been used a handful of times in the last 12 months. It appears that there is something fundamentally faulty with this product.
What do I do now?