Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 5 August 2009
This little pink DAB radio is the best purchase I have made in ages. It even charges in natural light not just sunlight. We have it on the table in the garden at the weekend when we are eating breakfast or in the beach hut when we are chilling out there. Makes us want to start using solar power to run our home.
on 21 February 2009
Great product - well loved by daughter - boyfriend isn't too happy with the colour! She says it is great and works without full sun
on 24 March 2010
This radio arrived on the date notified by the seller.

Am really pleased with it; easy to use and set up; picks up loads more stations that my old DAB radio. Surprisingly good sound for its size.

My house is situated directly North/South, so after initial 24 hour charging I have found that I can leave it (with volume turned right down for maximum charge) on sunny windowsill at front of house first thing while I walk the dogs, then it seems to be fully charged for me to use in my home office on the "dark side" of the house...

I love the design and colour; am trying to justify the expense of buying another one as I love it so much when actually it is so neat and portable one set is fine for all my needs!

I see on the Roberts home page that a green model is made but cannot find where to buy one;Amazon and other sites don't seem to offer it..
on 5 October 2009
What a great little radio!! I can take it anywhere in the house or outside and still get good reception. And then leave it in a sunny spot to charge up whilst I'm not using it. I love free energy!! Plenty of stations, plenty of presets and very easy to use. Magic!
on 13 August 2011
This version 2 of the Roberts radio model in pink, is a solid performer and is as good as other DAB radios from Roberts.

Firmware improvements (we have a green one of these as well) provide a few extra features and stability. The front-end must be slightly better as it can scan for more channels than the earlier model.

As a solar-enabled radio it also seems to charge better in sun light than the first verison. It won't beat a HiFi DAB unit, but is portable and will recharge if left on a window ledge.

Would happily buy another (there are quite a few colours to choose from).
on 24 January 2012
I ordered this radio from another supplier. Having followed the instructions to pre-charge it for 24 hrs, it did not hold the charge. I returned it and the replacement had exactly the same fault. Roberts helpline were unsympathetic, agreeing that the internal battery pack must be faulty! Having done a lot of research, I loved the look and apparent simplicity of this radio and felt it would offer exactly what I needed and I am now radio-less and in a dilemma about what to buy.
on 18 July 2010
fab radio, can listen at the bottom of the garden now without having to buy new batteries every day like i did for my old battery radio. charged it up when i got it and the sun has done its job ever since. xx
on 7 December 2016
This radio is absolute rubbish, cheap crap. it is now dumped in the garage not working waiting to go to the tip.one thing it has taught me is never buy another radio from Roberts. if I could leave zero stars I would
on 13 September 2011
love this radio, regularly use it in the house and in the garden. almost never recharge it because I find it charges even when off. a charge only last a couple of hours the way i use it, if you charged it from the mains it may last longer, but that is fine for my use! Also has a line in at back so I will put my portable cd player through it at times!
on 17 August 2010
Excellent radio, does everything as advertised, we use it on the beach and when we go camping, and never have to buy batteries.