on 18 May 2016
Have always been a great fan of Robert Frosts' poems. At the price for this large collection it was too good to miss! Just had to have it. It's in my kindle so goes with me everywhere. Not been through all of it yet though, but I will! A very good buy.
on 16 June 2011
The poems sing to you. It is wonderful to have this collection so easily portable, to dip in to and out of at will. Sadly, the collection lacks my favourite "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening", but even so, it will do nicely until the complete poems become available.
on 13 May 2013
This is a good selection - my trouble is I still hanker for the selection I taught my first A Level students from and loved. But the format was really quite difficult, the fiddliness of the serifed type and the, to me, excessive spacing between lines. Frost is quite dense and understated. His poems don't want to be spread out. I'm not sure that much poetry does. These verses, like the short poems of the young Wordsworth, need to be presented tightly within themselves, even if surrounded by plenty of space
on 18 June 2017
Lots of Frost to enjoy but I have to still find some of my favouriters.
on 30 July 2016
I love his poetic prowess!!!
on 29 September 2013
Such beautiful poems. Should be in everybody's collection. So many in here that you may remember from school. Thoroughly recommended.
on 3 February 2011
Frost is a favourite poet of mine. Though not a complete collection, this anthology contains many of his best works. Easily searchable on Kindle, this is an absolute bargain.
on 13 January 2013
If you like poems that catch the simple everyday moments of life, you will enjoy Frost. "Putting in the Seed" is a good example. Here Frost expresses with moving simplicity the wonder of rebirth evoked by the mundane task of planting. If you are looking for drama or impressive rhetoric you will not find it here. Not a great poet, perhaps, but his poems capture the beauty and mystery of ordinary experiences that most of us can identify with.
on 3 May 2013
Did this for GCE level, so nice to catch up with again, and seeing just how much I remembered, and actually know someone who was a recital of his poetry by Robert Frost....
on 1 April 2013
A strong introduction into Frost's poetry, and this kindle edition is easily used. I look forward to reading more of his work.