- Paperback: 736 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional; 7 edition (1 Mar. 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071210598
- ISBN-13: 978-0071210591
- Product Dimensions: 15.1 x 3.2 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
808,558 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #294 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Mechanical Engineering
- #1309 in Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering
- #2031 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- See Complete Table of Contents
Roark's Formulas for Stress and Strain (McGraw-Hill International Editions Series) Paperback – 1 Mar 2002
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Now updated with 30% new material: the ultimate resource for designers, engineers, and analyst working with calculations of loads and stress. This landmark reference continues its tradition of presenting equations and diagrams of structural properties--all in an easy-to-use, thumb-through format. New to this edition: expanded coverage of joints, bearing and shear stress, experimental stress analysis, and stress concentrations, plus material behavior coverage and stress and strain measurement. Now includes expanded tables and cases; improved notations and figures in the tables; consistent table and equation numbering; verification of correction factors. Features a solutions-based approach to quick calculations in structural element design and analysis. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
From the Back Cover
The Ultimate Roark's
• New material
• More tables and case studies
• Easier-to-read notations and figures
• More accessible layout
• Consistent table and equation numbering
• More on experimental stress analysis and stress concentrations
• New data on material behavior under stress and strain including appendix on composite materials
• Updated tables
With each succeeding edition, this renowned reference has proven itself as the be-all, end-all resource for designers, engineers, and analysts working with calculations of loads and stress. The Seventh Edition is no exception, as it carries on the book’s tradition of presenting equations and diagrams of structural properties—all in an easy-to-use, thumb-through format. Offering improved readability, the latest edition of Roark's Formulas for Stress and Strain is truly the best Roark's yet, and the one reference that you’ll turn to most, project after project, year after year.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I think that this book along with Machinery's Handbook will cover basicly everything any mechanical engineer could wish for in terms of calculations formulas.
The 7th edition is very well laid out, with all tables at the end of the relevant chapters, therefore no longer cluttering the free flow of the text.
A must have book
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very detailed, extremely useful tool.
Excellent reference guide with many useful equations to enable wide range of applications. Read more
If you need an engineering calculation to find a stress, a strain or a deflection you will probably find the answer in this book.Published on 29 July 2011 by wild goose
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Mechanical Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Civil Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering