- Car & Motorbike Store for a wide selection of top products, including car parts, travel essentials, maintenance tools and much more.
RoadHawk HD Black Box Recorder
|Price:||£209.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£60.04 (22%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Provides strong evidence in the event of a non-fault road traffic accident.
- 1080p HD Recording
- G-Force Sensor
- Easy Install
- GPS Google Integrated
- HD Recording - 1080p @30fps / 720p @60fps
- Digital image stabilisation, G-Force Sensor & 5Hz GPS Receiver
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The RoadHawk HD represents a breakthrough in vehicle camera black box video technology. We listened to feedback from our customers and created an in car camera system capable recording extremely high quality 1080p video using the latest A5s Processor. We added a faster 5Hz GPS receiver with ultra-fast lock on time.RoadHawk HD is the first in car camera on the market fitted with full EIS (electronic image stabilisation) to give you the smoothest video even on the roughest of road surfaces.he HD sensor used in the RoadHawk HD not only gives amazingly sharp and colourful daytime images but also outperforms any other in car camera currently available in low light conditions.Video files are stored on a normal SD card but this time we have used SDXC technology so you can use larger capacity SD cards (currently up to 64gb).
1 x RoadHawk HD 1080p Camera
1 x 8gb Class 10 SD Card
1 x External GPS Antenna (in most cases you will not need to use this antenna, it is for vehicles with heated front screens)
1 x Accessory socket power cable
1 x Adhesive windscreen mount
1 x Adhesive Vertical Windscreen Mount
1 x Software on CD-ROM (PC & MAC)
1 x User Manual
Look for similar items by category
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. The picture from the camera is very good, it's certainly clear and detailed enough to pick out number plates at a reasonable distance - I also use a rear-facing Roadhawk 720 in the same car and the HD has a much sharper and clearer picture than the 720;
2. You can configure the camera to record at a resolution of 1080p (30fps) or 720 (60fps or 30fps) video, and you can configure the bit-rate of the video to trade off quality vs amount of space used on the memory card;
3. You can configure the camera to record on a continuous loop of one minute duration, with old video being overwritten when the memory card is full, or you can configure other lengths of video - 5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes.
4. It was very easy to install in the car - I would recommend the at-extra-cost suction mount rather than the supplied adhesive mount - I was able to install the camera with only a very small length of cabling visible;
5. I see no particularly long delays with the GPS lock-on - it is not instant, but mostly it seems quite quick (around 30 seconds or less is typical for me, even without the external GPS antenna)
6. The video files can be copied off the memory card and played in other standard media players, you don't need to use the supplied software, and I would recommend vlc.
7. I don't see any problems with missing video segments nor any spurious events being recorded as other reviewers have reported. What may be happening when people are reporting missing video segments is due to the fact that if an event is detected, the "normal" video stops recording and a separate event video gets written to a different place on the memory card. After that event is written, the normal video starts recording again, so there seems to be a gap.Read more ›
After trawling the net for a few days looking at a lot of different models I came across the Road Hawk HD which looked to be the best that I could find that was available in the UK.
I have been using this unit for 2 weeks now since it was hurriedly despatched to me from Amazon UK, and I think, so far - that this product is the 'dogs bollocks', and I cannot really fault it, (for my needs anyway!)
Only 2 or 3 minor grumbles to speak of is that unless you have a long thumbnail (which I don't), it is impossible to push the SD card into the camera until it clicks into place, and out again - so I use the edge of a 5 pence piece which does the trick! The other is that there is only a 8Gb SD card included which won't last long if you are using the camera at the highest resolution of 1080p - but there again it's easy enough to purchase a higher capacity SD card, and a 32 Gb card would suffice for most drivers, though I have found a much reduced in price 64Gb Class 10 SanDisk Extreme card which seems to last for days,(Depending on the camera settings!)
The Road Hawk comes with 2 windscreen adhesive mounts, but I won't be using either of these , as they won't come off your windscreen in a hurry, and I would recommend that the user buys an optional RH Suction Mount for easy transfer of the camera to another vehicle instead.Read more ›
|Length: 8:07 Mins|
The roadhawk HD DVR impressed me with the ease of operation and quality of video. It provides a valuable video and audio record of your vehicles travels and could be of great assistance in documenting the exact circumstances of an accident you are involved in or witness.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had Roadhawk HD fitted professionally to my new car 3 years ago,I now have an intermittent fault with it, contacted their technical department who said it was a faulty SD card,... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jackadoodle
I have had this product for just under 2.5 years (so now out of warranty). Recently it has intermittently stopped working and now it is completely dead and no longer powers on. Read morePublished 2 months ago by GLEN DAWSON
It's junk, pure and simple. Software is rubbish and the errors it throws up about the card are just stupid. Don't waste your money.Published 7 months ago by AJRS
Not reliable, doesn't start properly if plugged in when I start the car. Its ok if I leave the ignition in the first position for a while before cranking the engine. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Mr. M. P. H
no SD card supplied, the card reader does not always work, software on disc is years out of date, camera keep damaging SD cards and have to be re-formatted every other day. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Mr Robert walker
i got this after a car went into me a while ago thinking it would be great as its HD and can track you when you on the road well.... Read morePublished 12 months ago by jase