Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: DVD|Change

on 11 June 2014
I was lucky enough to see a preview screening of this film about The Dunlop Dynasty of road racers and oh my god I was blown away! This is honestly one of the most emotional and exhilarating sports documentaries I have ever seen. These Road Racers take their lives in their hands every time they race...and they race a lot every year. Some of the footage is incredible (200mph racing on narrow country roads). The talking heads are brilliant too, you get a real insight into the behind the scenes set up of road racing champions like Joey and Robert Dunlop and the nice thing is the film also focusses a lot on the new breed of Dunlops coming though the ranks (Michael and William). Both of whom are taking the Road Racing circuit by storm at the moment. Michael has just won 4 of the 5 races he entered in this year's Isle of Man TT...

Seriously, if you enjoyed TT3D: Closer to the Edge you will love this film. If you like motorbikes, if you like motor sport, if you like speed and in all honesty if you just appreciate top level sport - I cannot recommend this documentary enough! It is truly a masterpiece of film making!
22 Comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 May 2014
This is a FANTASTIC film! Documenting two generations of the Dunlops, the film is packed with intense racing scenes, fast bikes and raw emotion which grips you throughout. I would highly recommend this, even if you don't have a lot of knowledge about motor racing. Brilliantly shot and Liam Neeson as a narrator is inspired. Wonderful.
33 Comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2014
I can't speak highly enough of this film. It really has got everything, thrills and spills, drama, and very very emotional. I dragged my wife along to see it and she loved it as well ! Isle of Man here we come !
on 13 June 2014
Towards the end, I was actually shaking with emotion. I needed to cry uncontrollably, and was fighting to hold onto some degree of composure. Even if you're not into road racing, it's utterly enthralling.
on 12 June 2014
Loved this film, was lucky to get to see early....my in-laws are from the Isle of Man where TT races are, and I do ride a bike myself, but none of that is relevant - I saw it with 3 friends and also my son, who all loved it. It's an amazing story of the 2 lots of brothers, and the action really keeps you hooked - don't think my eyes left the screen once! Up there with Closer the edge and Rush which I also enjoyed recently.
on 11 June 2014
Caught this earlier in the month and absolutely loved it. Very rare a documentary has had me hooked from beginning to end, but this is an example pf fact being more extraordinary than fiction. A very important film which I hope gets recognised at the BAFTAs this year
on 11 June 2014
What a brilliant film. Not one to write reviews but, this film deserved it! Adrenalin filled throughout, this is a petrolheads dream film
on 12 June 2014
Draws you in from the start and keeps you there till the end. Gripping stuff. Highly recommend it! When you think of them racing on normal closed roads....unbelievable!
on 17 June 2014
One of the most amazing sports documentaries released this year - this is one of the best motorsports films ever seen! Up there with Senna, One Night in Turin, TT3D and Fire in Babylon. Obviously, motorcycle road racing is the most dangerous of all sports. These guys are maniacs at best. Ireland and the Isle of Man are two of the few places in the world where the sport still survives. Powerfully and perfectly narrated by Liam Neeson, it's a heartbreaking and adrenaline-fuelled tale of a family who have dominated road racing for over thirty years: Robert and Joey Dunlop and Robert's sons, William and Michael. Highly recommended!
on 12 June 2014
Caught the film and Q&A with the Dunlops last night in London and first thing I did when I got home was order this. Really amazing, adrenalin fuelled and above all very emotional film. Made me look at racing and the people that do it in a whole new light.

A must watch for anyone who loved TT3D: Closer to the Edge and Senna.