Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Road Angel Gem+ Deluxe Safety Camera Locator & Accessory Pack
|Price:||£177.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Share live camera vana dn mobile camera sites
- cleardisplay with ability to advise on new road speed limits
- Eassist function- contact the emergency services at the push of a button
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Road Angel Gem is the very latest speed camera detector to be released for sale in the UK. Being the newest device you'd expect it to have the latest features and technological developments and it certainly does. Road Angel Gem comes with LIVE updates, this means no need to connect to a computer to download the latest speed camera database. Instead using GPRS/GSM (mobile phone) technology the Road Angel Gem automatically updates as you drive! These updates deliver new speed camera locations, changes to speed limits. Plus with the 'CameraShare' button you and other motorists also using a Road Angel Gem can add live as seen by the roadside mobile speed camera vans and alike in a matter of seconds. Which just isn't possible with GPS detectors that require a computer to update! Road Angel Gem also comes complete with a built in laser detector, useful when you come across mobile laser based safety camera partnerships and their vans! Another very useful feature of the Road Angel Gem is it's database of road speed limits. These cover all roads in the UK, whether a speed camera is present or not. So at anytime on any road, Road Angel Gem will display the speed limit for the road you are driving on! This feature is further enchanced thanks to the Road Angel Gem's LIVE updates and it's 'SpeedShare' button, where if you come across a road where the speed limit has changed simply advise of the new speed limit.
road angel gem
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
* Charges continually via in-car cable
* Updates from the dashboard so you don't have to take it into the house and connect it to a PC like the old models
* Small & unobtrusive (if you see this as an advantage) with good graphics
* Mount it on the inside of the windscreen or the dash, though both locations are problematic
* Correctly IDs speed cameras 95% of the time and alerts you to their presence
* The average-speed-between-SPECS-cameras on the motorways function is brilliant: a real first and very, very useful
* eAssist option (which you may never use, or only once in the product's lifetime)
* mph/kph easy to change over when you drive abroad
* RA's tech-support is reasonably knowledgeable and responsive
* The magnet-attach dash-mount is so weak that the unit spins around every time you corner, so you need the screen-mount for a secure fitting - which in my vehicle means the Gem ends up too far away to see clearly or reach, as the device is too small
* The build quality feels cheap and plasticky, less substantial than previous models
* The rubbery buttons are fiddly to use, a regressive step from the big easy touch-screen & quality-feel of the Vantage
* The speed limits on roads I know and use a lot are incorrectly displayed (i.e.Read more ›
Unfortunately, like an idiot, I fell for the discount upgrade offer for 3 years worth of updates!! a lot of money for upgrades I never get, so I'm stuck with this piece of junk. These are the pros' and cons for my unit from my experience:
* Useful display of average speed and current speed is displayed, whilst traveling through an average speed camera zone.
* I can't trust it. It often displays not only the wrong speed for current road, but also can suddenly show say a 30mph whilst traveling on the motorway or dual carriageway.
* Warns of mobile safety cameras where there is no chance of one parking up, i.e. a busy road with no laybys or overhead bridges.
* Has not warned of three different mobile safety cameras and one well established fixed gatso
* Never updates itself. I did attach it to my PC recently, it said it was updating but no difference was made to it's inaccuracy. (a nearby 4 miles stretch of 40mph limit road, is still displayed as 60mph)
* My unit will only work when plugged into the lighter socket, it switches off after about one minute of being unplugged.
* The support network appears separate from the main Road Angel site, and has never replied to my complaints.
I honestly could go on but I think you get the picture. This unit does barely more than display the speed in the same way a Tom Tom, et al, does. Save yourself the money and avoid this garbage.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Saves you from fixed speed cameras and alerts you to common van placementsPublished 2 months ago by One Cat Fanatic
Arrived ahead of time stated & in plenty of time for Hubbys birthday. Hubby is now playing with his new toy like a big kid. Happy daysPublished 3 months ago by Traci Holden
I have had one of these fro 9 months and consider it an expensive waste of time. It is difficult to see in sunlight, although I think the newer ones are brighter, the cost of the... Read morePublished 8 months ago by JKS
I like it, Whilst the mobile camera database is sometimes a bit over zealous, I'd prefer that to it not telling you at all. Read morePublished 12 months ago by ThePhantomOfTheOpera
Why would you need to be warned about a safety camera? The clue's in the name.
Stick to speed limit and save yourself a whole lot of money and grief!
What price can you pay on not getting a speeding ticktet. This is the best on the market at present. Really easy to read and see you actual speed. Read morePublished 17 months ago by James Buffalo