A River Lost: The Life and Death of the Columbia Paperback – 18 Jan 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Harden's bold and well-supported commentary is a welcome addition to the literature of the majestic river.
A hard-nosed, clear-eyed, tough-minded dispatch on the sort of contentious subject that is almost always distorted by ideology or obscured by a fog of sentiment . . . . A precise and brave book.--Hal Espen
About the Author
Blaine Harden, an award-winning journalist, is a contributor to The Economist and a former foreign correspondent for the Washington Post. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Personal Finance > Property & Real Estate
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Physical
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Natural Resources Management
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Pollution