The River Book: 101 Ways to Relax, Play, Watch Wildlife and have Adventures at the River's Edge Paperback – 10 May 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is going straight to my 'favourite country books' shelf. BBC Countryfile
About the Author
Educated in watery disciplines to masters level, Tessa Wardley is a member of the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management and a former senior water ecologist at a leading environmental consultancy and policy advisor to the Environment Agency. These days she uses her 15 years experience of studying rivers to back up the fun and adventures she has in and around them, usually accompanied by her four children.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It arrived a couple of hours ago and has distracted me from what I supposed to have spent the morning doing! I buy quite a lot of books thinking they will encourage me to have a bit of fun with my family outdoors, however I know this one won't gather dust. I'm already planning a few trips to local rivers to try out the varied ideas.
It contains lots of interesting facts from wildlife to the weather, all in an accessible format but it is equally useful for all the wonderful ideas of things to do by the riverside. Being creative, relaxing, being curious or adventurous something for everyone and every mood. You can see the joy on the people's faces in the pictures. I bought it as a prompt for days out, but I'm enjoying reading it straight through and will be buying it as a present for a few friends who I know love being outside.
This book is a real gem.
Well the book is just brilliant. I have been completely drawn into the world of rivers Tessa so splendidly describes. As the other reviewers here have said, it is a magical mix of fun, interest and science. I enjoyed every paragraph and learned lots along the way. I defy anyone to skim read this book - its just too good.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Physical
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Aquatic Creatures
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United Kingdom
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Speciality Travel