- Also check our best rated Romance Book reviews
Rising Tide: Dark Innocence: Volume 1 (The Maura DeLuca Trilogy) Paperback – 18 Feb 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- "How Melanson dealt with the vampire lore was interesting and fans of Twilight might enjoy Rising Tide. The cliff-hanger definitely leaves you wondering what's going to happen next." ~ Kayti Nika Raet for Readers' Favorite
- "It's about vampires, coming of age, a mother-daughter relationship and romance. And it's good. ... I also love the cover art; kudos to the cover designer, Rachel Montreuil. All in all, this is an enjoyable page-turner." ~ Lit Amri for Readers' Favorite
- "Maura stayed with me long after I finished the book."~Mark Matthews, Author of On the Lips of Children & Milk-Blood.
- "Ms. Melanson has found an excellent balance here with a storyline that is straightforward enough to not be confusing and intriguing enough to remain compelling." ~Leslie Stokes for InD'tale Magazine
- "Can there EVER be too many great YA fantasy novels? Claudette Melanson, author Rising Tide has definitely made a place among them!" ~Diiane Bylo, Top 500 Reviewer and owner of Tome Tender Book Blog
About the Author
Claudette Melanson writes dark fantasy in Kitchener, Ontario with four bun babies: Tegan, Pepper, Butters & Beckett. She graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a BA in English, BS in English Education and an MA in Literature. Harboring a deep admiration of vampires since the age of five left her with the desire to eventually become one, and now fuels the creation of her favorite paranormal characters. She hopes to one day work full-time as an author since there are many, many stories playing out inside her head. In her very scant spare time, she enjoys watching Japanese Anime and reading vampire stories...along with other genres of great fiction, as well as riding every roller coaster she encounters in both her hometown and away at signings. An advocate for good health and ketogenic eating, her favorite foods are bulletproof coffee, cashew-flour crust pizza and treats made with xylitol and almond, coconut or cashew flours. Future dreams include a cabin boasting a roaring fire, isolated inside a snow-filled wood in the Yukon—the perfect writing spot—and the completion of dozens of future novels and stories. A Rabbit Rescue fanatic and loving bunmom, she also hopes to help rescues all over the world save many innocent lives.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So I delved deep within the pages and became hooked. Its hard to say why without giving anything away but this story really flowed for me, I just had to keep reading. The 'Dark Innocence' part of the title is more than appropriate with Minks mother (sorry but liked this little pet name better than Maura) seemingly wishing to keep her daughter as an innocent child. Being very secretive, and for a very good reason (dragged out to the very end) not allowing her daughter to mature into something that is inevitable.
This book covers some issues that many growing teens will experience such as peer pressure and finding where you fit into the world. Making new friends and being able to accept their help in times of trouble. I hope I haven't said too much?
I recommend this highly for teens & young adults or even old fans of paranormal like me. Don't take my word for it try it for yourself.
The pacing was good throughout.
The characters (despite the genre) were credible and likeable. If I had one minor criticism it would be that I’m not sure that Ron would have taken all her little oddities in his stride - but then maybe book two will reveal more about that.
This author is extremely talented and I can’t wait to dip into book two. Despite my incredibly long TBR list I think this will have to be on my holiday read list.
This book surprised me; I didn't expect it to be as good as it turned out as I have ready many vampire romance novels. I liked Ron from the moment the athor mentioned him. I found Ron and Maura's romance to be sweet although I did find it weird that they only started talking in a small amount of time and became so close. But still, I really did enjoy reading it.
The story was fantastic and the characters & plot were well developed, with great twists and turns throughout.
I really enjoyed reading it and I look forward to discovering what happens next.
I'll definitely be reading the rest of this series.
It was well written supernatural book for readers all ages
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews