on 23 June 2013
It's hard to write a review about your favourite film that isn't just gushing out all of its merits, so I'm not going to try!

Firstly, the animation. The animation is absolutely stunning. The way that the light streams through windows, and bounces off objects and characters... It's beautiful. Even moonlight, and subtle candlelight is so nice to look at, you forget that there isn't an actual moon hanging in a sky on the screen. The animation is smooth, and expressive, and characters actually feel like people you care about in our world, they have personalities and depth! You want the Guardians to succeed in their endeavours and feel for them when they struggle.

And the story, even though it's a kids film, I really think is paced in such a way that anyone can enjoy it. My 24 year old brother enjoyed it just as much as my 46 year old mother. It really does transcend ages and gender - it can raise a laugh, a smile, even a tear at points.

It is truly everything that can be enjoyed in any film. If you want a good, enjoyable time watching a feel good movie, which the whole family can really enjoy then watch this. I'd recommend it to anyone.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 August 2016
I got this film for my grandchildren. I must say I wasn't impressed and a few of the kids took no notice of it what so ever. I think the plot may be a little complicated for some of them. It's ok for over 10s I think but I wouldn't say younger ones are going to understand it and there isn't enough going on all the time to capture their imagination.
on 17 June 2017
Suprisngly briiliant. All about Santa, the tooth fairy, the Easter buuny etc. And how they are REALLY actually real. Definately a PG - a touch sinister at times but not really scary. Not for tinies. 7+. Whole family loved it.
on 7 March 2017
Probably my favourite 3D movie. Sometimes 3D can give you a headache but this one is great. Theres loads of action and a great storyline. Im 28 years old and love this film. Its easy to watch, funny but also clever with the different characters. I dont think it got enough credit. Definately worth buying!!
on 7 October 2015
very interesting film and very good visual effect. I just a bit concern about the age range because for a very little child it could be very scary and it target some points like death that can scare a little child so I would recommend to watch it with an adult close that can point it out a few thinks during the film an help your child not to be afraid during the film.
Other than that it is a beautiful film and can be watch at special times of the year like Christmas or Easter, as special family day film.
|0Comment|Report abuse
Absolutely awesome film. My two girls love it. I love it probably more than them, to the point that I have watched it without them around lol. It is about Jack Frost, the toothfairy, santa, sandman and Easter bunny and about the way that children beleve in them. A feel good film. Smaller children may get a little scared with the darker character in it, but my 3 year old was not fazed by it at all. Definitely one of my all time favourite films.
on 19 October 2013
I do love this movie. I'm 23 XD It's perfect for all ages groups and just a fantastic film!
I'd really recommend to anyone. Jack Frost, the Easter bunny, Father Christmas, Tooth Fairy, Sandman and the Boogey man have all had a makeover and they are looking fabulous for this original beautiful movie. The characters and their stories and the animation, you'd be hard pressed to find something to complain about.
It kept me gripped from start to finish and I wanted to watch it right again after! (but I waited 3 days before I clicked play again).
on 6 November 2014
Not a bad film, has some charming points and certainly kids will enjoy it, but far from the most memorable and as an adult lacking any of the humour or magic that many other animated adventures have.
4 people found this helpful
on 10 June 2015
this was recommend to me as a movie that both me and my son would love. The person who said it clearly knows me well, as I am absolutely in love with this. Really brilliant, and magical.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 September 2015
A cleverly crafted animated film in which certain well known characters are shown to be Guardians of the world protecting mankind's youngest from evil in this case Pitch's takeover of the world intertwined with the attempt's of the current Guardians to recruit Jack Frost to their ranks to combat this menace.