Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Discover more Shop now

on 25 August 2014
After getting it I can't only play with pieces that look like checkers and when I purchased two other sets so it didn't look so cheap they won't download absolutely rubbish. I advise this not to be downloaded its a waste of time and space
on 24 August 2014
Paid for additional chess set and it didn't't download. Free version promises much but delivers little as all the advertised sets have to be purchased. Much better free sets around.Don't waste your time and money on this one.
on 22 August 2014
Firstly this is a decent but not brilliant chess app. What makes it stand out is the lovely graphics and chess sets. However after trying twice to purchase new sets I had to ask for a refund because of known delivery problems with the Ripstone Ltd. servers. Amazon refunded me within the hour. The gameplay is good with a wide range of difficulty, and was developed with consultation from a grand master.
on 3 June 2014
Downloaded the game for free, then paid £7.99 for all the downloadable content. Have been charged, but cannot use any of the purchased chess sets etc. How do I use what I've paid for?
on 29 September 2013
A top Chess app! I played this on my Sony PS Vita, but on the Kindle`s 7" screen it really comes alive. Purchased the whole extra package as well, you get a lovely Easter Island and a Halloween set! Recommended.
on 31 August 2014
This is, potentially, a good chess game. It looks beautiful, plays well, suits beginners to advanced players, and includes helpful tutorials. BUT, as other recent reviewers have said, the in-app purchasing for additional sets does not work - I have paid money for features that won't download. Please, developers fix this. Until you do, this is just a rip off.
on 27 August 2014
DO NOT buy any of the extra sets - they do not download. Thankfully Amazon refunded me without hassle. Looking at other reviews, this seems to be a common issue. C'mon Ripstone, we WANT to give you our money, please fix this soon. Apart from that, a slick, attractive game. Best on the kindle.
on 26 August 2014
I found it difficult to see what the pieces were as there are only draught pieces available with chess pics on top of them for the free version. It seemed that you have to buy for chess pieces. Saying that it looked lovely but if it isn't functional and useble it seems to be a waste of time
on 18 November 2013
This chess set Pure Chess very good with lots of potential. I would like to have this game on my PC where the larger screen would allow all the option to be used and enjoyed. Can you please make it available.
on 13 June 2014
A decent chess game but another that falls down with its in-app purchasing. I hate this aspect and just want to play for free but if you want any type of customisation or levelled challenges you will have to look elsewhere if you dont wnat to part with cash.