Ripening Time: Inside Stories for Aging with Grace Paperback – 25 Oct 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Sherry Anderson opened one door when she co-authored The Feminine Face of God. Now she opens another. With honesty, wealth of experience, and penetrating questions, she leads us again. The issue, she says, is not to know the map [of elderhood], but to be the map. These writings are a rich and important resource for all who wonder how to reach the true harvest of their lives. You will not be disappointed.--Paula D'Arcy
About the Author
Sherry Ruth Anderson writes and teaches about spiritual development, with a special interest in women's experience and aging as awakening. Her books include ""The Feminine Face of God"" and ""The Cultural Creatives,"" and her recent documentary is ""A Woman's Descent to the Sacred."" She lives in Novato, California.
Top customer reviews
I enjoyed the chapter on 'ancestors' very much. Ms Anderson's writing is clear and I could hear her voice become stronger with the 'age' of the book. A beautiful book that should helpful to anyone who is ready to explore what older age means and what can be the spiritual and emotional benefits of asking the right questions of ourselves and society.
Colette Brown author of Menopause A natural and Spiritual Journey.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
our culture obliges us to feel burdened by aging.
Ahhh, but this is not a fluffy, cutie pie, platitude
laden march into Senior Citizen-dom. She puts you
to work. Get a journal for this one. Better yet...
form a group! nominate it for your book club!
Talk it up. Drop it into conversations. Why...
With over 12,000 a day turning 65... before we
can change how the culture regards us... we
have to examine --- with twinkle in the eye! ---
how we experience ourselves.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Aging
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Occult
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Course in Miracles
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Gerontology