We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This album is by far one of the best albums I have bought this year. From start to finish, the ablum expresses a rollercoaster of emotions, without crossing the line into the dreaded stereotypical 'emo' sound branded to most contemporary alternative bands. From upbeat tempos to slow rock-'ballads', catchy guitar riffs to amazing vocal tunes, the songs on this album are great.
The highlights of this album are 'Hallelujah', a song that everyone can't help but (at least attempt to) sing along to, and 'Born For This', which leaves the listener pumping their fists to the tune and eagerly awaiting more Paramore!
I would recommend this album to anyone, especially fans of alternative, rock and (dare I sya...?) 'emo' music.
Formed in Franklin, Tennessee in 2004 Paramore are a four piece band led by teenage female vocalist Hayley Williams backed by Josh Farro on guitar/vocals, brother Zac on drums and Jeremy Davis on bass.
Paramore - the unusual name is derived from a former member's maiden name and the word `paramour' meaning secret lover - are variously described as power pop, punk/alternative rock and emo, and their influences, according to their website, are all US bands of similar punk/rock/indie/alternative styles.
Orange-haired, brightly dressed singer Hayley cuts a striking image and the comparisons to Gwen Stefani, Kelly Clarkson and Avril Lavigne are inevitable, but this is no brat teenager-in-a-tantrum pleading for understanding, it's one who is confident, enthusiastic, full of raw energy and intends to have fun whatever life throws at her. Her appeal is wide-ranging - a readers poll by Kerrang! magazine in 2006 voted her number 2 `Sexiest Female' (beaten by Amy Lee of Evanescence) and in an article in NME magazine she was described as `young, articulate and with plenty to say'.Read more ›
1. For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic - Smart title and the song is just pure greatness. A great opener for this album. Catchy lyrics and sound. - 10/10
2. Thats What You Get - I was hoping this one would be a single. One of the best on the album, very impressive. You will find yourself singing to this one in no time - 10/10
3. Hallelujah - Powerful lyrics make a powerful song and this is one of them great emotional anthems. - 9/10
4. Misery Business - Best choice for one of the singles. Its probably their most popular song but you can see why. Very catchy verses with an awesome guitar-lead chorus. - 10/10
5. When It Rains - Again, this is one of my favs. Absolutly beautiful song. Emotional and touching lyrics. The one that was put on repeat the most. - 10/10
6. Let The Flames Begin - This is also one of my favs. Didn't really like it that much at first but now i can't get enough. Amazing music and powerful lyrics. - 10/10
7. Miracle - Fun song to listen to. Catchy beat and up-tempo - 8/10
8. Crushcrushcrush - Great guitar from Josh here. Stand-out track - 10/10
9. We Are Broken - I can't seem to get my self into this one. Some days i love it but some days i don't. Love the begining though. Touching ballad. - 7/10
10. Fences - Definatly another stand-out track. Clever, catchy song. Absolute greatness at work here. - 10/10
11. Born For This - Another Fav. Great to sing with and the song that got most of my friends into paramore. One for everyone. - 10/10
heres my reviews for the bonus tracks if you got them:
12. Decoy - Really really amazing.Read more ›
'For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic' - 3 stars
'That's What You Get' - 2 stars [extremely reminiscent of Panic! At the Disco, who are great, but it just doesn't work for Paramore.
'Hallelujah' - 3 stars [really not the anthem seemingly everyone is saying it is]
'Misery Business' - 4.5 stars [intelligent lyrics teamed with catchy riffs and drum beats]
'When it Rains' - 4 stars
'Let The Flames Begin' - 4 stars [this is a good song, however it gets a little repetitive towards the end]
'Miracle' - 2.5 stars [the music and vocals are too predictable in this, resulting in a very boring song. Lyrics are also fairly bland]
'crushcrushcrush' - 5 stars [One of the 3 stand out tracks on the album. excellent musicianship!]
'We Are Broken' - 5 stars [a welcome break from the similar up beat emo-pop that has preceded it, a beautiful ballad-esque anthem]
'Fences' - 5 stars - [I'm not sure why this hasn't been raved about more, its the 2nd best song on the album by far, intelligent and extremely catchy. Another song that resembles the lyrics of Panic! At The Disco, this time it works fantastically]
'Born For This' - 5 stars - [the best track on the album and a fabulous finale to an album that had a worryingly weak start. More than makes up for it!]
overall, theres 4 and about a half weak songs on this album, and 6 and just over a half strong songs.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this for my daughter for Christmas & she loves it! Thank you very much!!Published 7 months ago by Joanne Carter.
What can I say. It's Riot, one of the best albums released in the last 10 years (in my opinion of course), pressed on clean, quiet vinyl. Sounds stunning.Published 7 months ago by Ashley