Colour: Ivory|Change

on 31 December 2013
This is a great product at a good price on Amazon. I use it because it lasts well through the day and gives good coverage. I have sensitive skin that reacts to a lot of products but this is fine and causes no problems. Would recommend.
on 11 February 2015
Great product as goes on beautifully....wonderful cover without being heavy or caked. Stays on and looks just as good hours later....with lots of compliments on how great my skin looked. Well done Rimmel....a great priced product with exceptional results.
again I was shocked by the colour difference from picture to bottle. it looks much darker than the image, but i have tried it and am happy to say the colour is lighter once it's applied. It feels light on your skin, and the coverage I found to be good, a perfect foundation for a day at work or a night out. I will use again.
on 3 May 2014
I'm always happy with rimmel londons makeup, it came in good time with no damage and was exactly how I wanted but I wouldn't recommend if you want full coverage it's more of a natural than a matte too.
VINE VOICEon 30 September 2015
This has now become my favourite foundation. I have tried many over the years from high end to high street, they all promise "perfect coverage" and "anti-ageing." But I have always come back to Rimmel's foundations. Lasting Finish does give a great coverage without clogging pores and with the budget price you can't go wrong. I think this is the 3rd one of these I have purchased, so that says it all really.
on 29 March 2016
This is my holy grail foundation! I have oily combo skin, large pores and fine lines under the eyes..I had a hard time adjusting to this foundation at first because i was strictly a matt girl. I got tired of my makeup caking and sweating off ay work. So i was on the hunt for something that would last so i didn't have to sacrifice my makeup for my job. This is it! I wasn't too keen on it at first because i wasn't used to a natural dewy look and was over doing it with my primer and powders.( I still bronze,highlight and use my blushes)This is best on its own for me, even though i'm sweating and getting dirty this does not move on me! It doesn't rub off on my safety glasses or my hat, I have shamefully fallen asleep still full face and my foundation is still gorgeous my eyes not so much. I have not had any breakouts, this foundation would be perfect for those humid hot summer days and work outs. I can't say enough about this foundation. About to buy my 3rd bottle and hope this never goes away. Love love love it!
on 27 April 2012
This foundation gives you a really healthy looking glow. I find even after a stressful day at college or out and about in the baking sunshine, I still get home to find my foundation hadn't gone all blotchy like some I have worn before. The liquid foundation is better then any other type (i.e. powder) because it just goes on so effortlessly and gives such an even coverage. Forget expensive brands like Benefit or No7, this is the real deal for a knock-out price too!
on 12 August 2015
The best foundation I've ever bought in the perfect shade for my skin. It stays on overnight and still looks great in the morning. It doesn't go shiny or greasy and makes my skin feel lovely and soft when i take it off. I'll be buying this forever. I used to use their 24hr one before this, but the 25 one is AMAZING. Thanks!
on 12 June 2016
I actually bought this on recommendation from you tubers so I had high hopes for this foundation and it is truly amazing, I actually like it better than my Mac studio fix fluid for full coverage as I find its much nicer to build.

When I first started to apply this foundation with my beauty blender I was a little bit disappointed, it looked a bit oily and 'wet' and it seemed to be not as full coverage as I had hoped. It also appeared to be highlighting any lumps I had on my skin - not attractive. However, once I started to apply my second thin layer the full coverage began to come into play.

The foundation as I said looks very wet on application, however it dries down nicely after you let it sit for about 2 minutes and then add a generous helping of loose powder over the top. After applying the rest of my makeup, I was blown away! I felt like I was having the best makeup day of my life today!

I have extremely pale skin but I do fake tan my body so this colour was a nice match for my neck, however I wouldn't recommend this shade if you are very very pale as it's quite dark for a light shade. I do feel like this is a little bit of a downfall as people buying this shade would be expecting it to be much lighter, however, if you apply a good layer of translucent powder and bake your under eyes, it brightens the whole face up anyway and it's not a bad match.

For the price, this foundation is amazing. At £7 you really can't go wrong. I have recently been trying quite a few lower end foundations and have gone through fazes of favouriting each one but for now, this is the one that will be staying out on my vanity as i just felt amazing today wearing this.

Highly recommended, I would say it performs much like macs studio fix without the horrible 'foundation' smell and the cakey coverage. Beautiful.
on 2 May 2016
So I have been wearing this for years now, so this is going to be a pretty in depth review.

The bottle is a lovely thick glass cylinder which is weighty to hold. The lid fits securely and is unlikely to come off in your bag. The labels are modern, and like most rimmel products it has had several updates over the years in its bottle and label design, but the product remains almost exactly the same.

Applying:
The foundation is easy to apply. Against all advice, I actually apply it with my fingers as I find that using a brush can leave brush marks in it, as I don't have the right sort of brush and I like to apply it fairly thick.

Staying power:
Is very good. I can go to bed, and as long as I sleep on my back I can wake up the next day almost perfect. Now that's something. If I sleep on my side it does rub off a bit on the cheeks but that's to be expected.

Removing:
It's very easy to get off. I usually use a baby wipe or a cotton pad with some make up remover. Shower gel or face wash in the shower doesn't tend to work as well in my opinion.

Water:
Sweat will remove a little bit of the foundation. Especially if your sweating heavily at the gym or on one of the few really hot days we get in the UK in the summer. A light shower of rain on the other hand, won't touch it. Nor will getting in the shower with your make up on as long as you don't rub it or wet it too much. I frequently do my make up before I shower if I'm not washing my hair that day and I come out of the shower looking perfect, even if I get a bit of water on my face.

Colour match:
I find that in the summer, I have to go up a shade to match my slight tan and stop myself looking too pasty around all the sunbed lovers. I'm not lucky enough to tan very much so I don't have to worry too much about that. Sometimes I won't go up a shade I'll just use a slightly darker powder over the foundation. In the winter, I'm pretty pale but not ghostly and I find ivory 100 a perfect match. In the summer I like shade 200. The pigment in this foundation is very strong so you do need a good colour match or you will end up with a rim around your face where your foundation colour doesn't match your skin. I find a bit of bronzer under the chin and jawline helps to blend it in, as well as blending the foundation down a little when applying.

Cakeyness:
This make up never looks cakey. Even with layers and layers of different powders over it. I use a pressed finishing powder, bronzer, contouring powders and a highlighter and even with all that it looks amazing. I find that around my lip area and 'side burn' area near the ears where there is a little facial hair it can look a little clumpy sometimes but I just wipe the areas with a tissue to take some off and it's fine.

Mouisturising:
This foundation never dries out my face, but others do. The moisturiser in this is very good and helps to keep my dry patches moist when I get them in winter. It's a lovely bonus to have that in a foundation anyway, most don't include any sort of moisturiser.

Sun protection:
This at the time of writing the foundation is SPF20 which gives you 20 mins in the sun without worrying about burning which I find is perfect for normal days when your not outside much. On longer sunshine days I just apply a little suncream on top of it. I have never been burnt whilst wearing it so I presume because of the heavy pigment it blocks the sun from your skin mostly anyway, which you can look at in one of two ways, either 'Yay it protects me' or 'Ugh I can't tan whilst wearing it.'.

Smell:
It has a slight smell. Sometimes I think it reminds me of plasticine ever so slightly, it's quite pleasant. It doesn't linger once it's on and dry.

25 hour claim:
I've been wearing this for years. Since it was marketed as a 12 hour foundation, and then, I'd always tell people it lasted much longer than that. I kind of doubt 25 hours would be possible in everyday life. I think somewhere in between is more realistic on a very good day. Maybe if you sat still and never touched your face, sweated, slept or anything it could go 25 hours. In real day to day life, it easily lasts a full day at work. On a busy day, morning to bedtime, I will apply twice. Usually because I have a bad habit of rubbing my face under my eyes or on my chin when I'm stressed or concentrating.

I can't recommend this enough. My skin is a bit oily at times and a bit of pressed powder over the top of the foundation helps to soak that up over the day and prolong the length of time it stays on for. It lasts really well and looks really good on me. Friends have converted to it after seeing me using it. If your looking for an affordable but excellent quality foundation, stop reading and just buy it, you won't regret it.